Compact, high precision, tapered plug viscometer
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
Ravenfield by CANNON BS/C+ HTHS Tapered Plug Viscometer
The Ravenfield® by CANNON® HTHS BS/C+ Viscometer is a compact, high precision, tapered plug viscometer that measures the high temperature, high shear viscosity of engine lubricants and other oils according to ASTM D4741, CEC L-36-A-90 and IP 370 as specified by SAE J300 and ACEA. The HTHS BS/C+ Tapered Plug Viscometer also correlates to ASTM D4683 with no bias and is capable of testing across a wide range of temperatures and shear rates.
- Engine lubricants
- Pre-filtered used oils
Features & benefits:
Simple, automated operation and data analysis
- Complies with SAE J300 and ACEA specifications. Meets ASTM D4741 and correlates to ASTM D4683 with no bias
- Computer-controlled user interface guides the operator through calibration and testing
- On-board viscosity calculator measures flow curve and computes results automatically
- Optional Model DR autosampler (with built-in computer control) allows unattended testing of up to 22 samples
- Simple sample introduction
Fast and precise measurements
- Total test time <5 minutes per sample
- Sample processing of >12 tests per hour
- 1 to 2% repeatabilityincrements)
Versatile test options
- Temperature range: 40 °C to 180 °C (adjustable in 0.1 °C increments)
- Variable speed motor permits simple shear rate adjustment across a wide range (from 100,000 sec–1 to 2,000,000 sec–1)
- Customizable gap control
Compact, convenient design
- No external utilities or high pressure gases are required
- Instrument provides internal storage of measurement results and offers optional LIMS connectivity
- Model DR autosampler features a built in printer for hard-copy documentation of test results
Cannon Instrument Company
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties. At Cannon Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization.
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties.
- Accuracy, precision, and long-term reliability are the defining elements of our products and services.
- Innovative spirit and a desire to exceed customer expectations are the traits that we value most in our employees.
- As an internationally recognized expert in viscosity characterization, we seek to advance technology through our service and leadership in various international standardization and professional trade organizations.
At CANNON Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization. We are passionate about driving our financial growth through:
- technological excellence and new product innovations
- consistent manufacturing
- market diversification
- and an obsessive commitment to customer satisfaction
ISO 9001 Registration/Certification
CANNON's testing laboratory is ISO 9001 certified through Underwriters Laboratories.
We are ISO 9001 registered for the following products and services:
- 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variable; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometer and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO 9001 certificate.
A2LA has accredited CANNON for technical competence in the field of calibration (certificate number 1262.01) and the production of certified reference materials (certificate number 1262.02) . The ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation covers the calibration of glass capillary and cup viscometers, the determination of kinematic and dynamic viscosity (including that of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer samples), and the provision of calibration services for viscometers and kinematic viscosity thermometers. The ISO/IEC Guide 34 accreditation covers the production of certified reference materials for kinematic and dynamic viscosity oil standards.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC 17025 A2LA accreditation scope.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC Guide 34 A2LA accreditation scope.