Dilute Solution Polymer Viscometer
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
PolyVISC® AIRBATH® Dilute Solution Polymer Viscometer
For Dilute Solution Viscosity of Polymers in Organic Solvents and Aqueous Solutions to 135 °C
PolyVISC® is a fully automated, benchtop capillary viscometer with an 11 position sample handler for unattended processing and testing of of dilute solution viscosity of polymers in organic solvents and aqueous solutions. The ultra-stable thermostatic air chamber provides temperature control from 20 °C to 135 °C (with available options).
- Thermoplastic elastomers
- Polymer blends
- Viscosity modifiers
Features & Benefits:
Designed to meet specific polymer industry needs
- Standard unit is compatible with organic solvents and aqueous solutions. Upgrade to PVDF/PTFE components permits testing with highly aggressive solvents.
- On-board software with specialized polymer calculations determines relative, inherent, reduced and intrinsic viscosity
- Ultra-stable thermostatic air chamber with AIRBATH® technology provides excellent temperature control (±0.01 °C) from 20 °C to 100 °C (high temperature bath option provides range to 135 °C)
- Kinematic viscosity range: 0.3 mm2/s (cSt) to 20,000 mm2/s (cSt) in 100-fold increments. Special ranges available.
Fully automated bench-top testing
- User-friendly software controls the instrument and facilitates tasks such as sampling, measurement and viscometer tube washing.
- 11 position sample handler allows for unattended operation
- Automated processing reduces operator to operator variability
Compact, robust design
- Bench-top design conserves valuable lab space
- Built-in thermoelectric cooling requires no external chiller
Simplified maintenance & test versatility
- Accurately measures viscosity of opague and transparent samples. Standard infrared sensors available for transparent samples and some opague samples.
- AIRBATH® chamber allows for rapid temperature and viscometer changes
- Uses either a modified Atlantic compound viscometer tube (applicable for most samples) or a modified Ubbelohde tube (for volatile samples)
- Volatile sample testing option provides protection from solvent evaporation to enhance test precision and reduce the presence of toxic or corrosive vapors in the AIRBATH® chamber
Cannon Instrument Company
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties. At Cannon Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization.
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties.
- Accuracy, precision, and long-term reliability are the defining elements of our products and services.
- Innovative spirit and a desire to exceed customer expectations are the traits that we value most in our employees.
- As an internationally recognized expert in viscosity characterization, we seek to advance technology through our service and leadership in various international standardization and professional trade organizations.
At CANNON Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization. We are passionate about driving our financial growth through:
- technological excellence and new product innovations
- consistent manufacturing
- market diversification
- and an obsessive commitment to customer satisfaction
ISO 9001 Registration/Certification
CANNON's testing laboratory is ISO 9001 certified through Underwriters Laboratories.
We are ISO 9001 registered for the following products and services:
- 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variable; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometer and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO 9001 certificate.
A2LA has accredited CANNON for technical competence in the field of calibration (certificate number 1262.01) and the production of certified reference materials (certificate number 1262.02) . The ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation covers the calibration of glass capillary and cup viscometers, the determination of kinematic and dynamic viscosity (including that of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer samples), and the provision of calibration services for viscometers and kinematic viscosity thermometers. The ISO/IEC Guide 34 accreditation covers the production of certified reference materials for kinematic and dynamic viscosity oil standards.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC 17025 A2LA accreditation scope.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC Guide 34 A2LA accreditation scope.