Discover the CANNON CAV 4.2
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
- Formulated oil analysis
- Hydraulic oil analysis
- Additive analysis
- Marine fuel testing
- Base stock analysis
- Light and heavy fuel testing
- Crude oil testing
CAV® 4.2 Dual-Bath Kinematic Viscometer
For Kinematic Viscosity of Transparent and Opaque Liquids
ASTM D445/D446, ISO 3104/3105, IP 71
CAV® 4.2 is a fully automated, dual-bath, benchtop viscometer with two 14-position sample handlers for unattended D445 processing. Each of the two Ubbelohde-style tubes (one per bath) covers a 100-fold viscosity range between 0.5 mm²/s (cSt) and 10,000 mm²/s (cSt) from 15 °C to 150 °C (with available options).
D445 precision in a modern, dependable design
- Temperature range: ambient to 100 °C (15 °C to 150 °C with available bath options)
- Viscosity range: 0.5 mm²/s (cSt) to 10,000 mm²/s (cSt)* in 100-fold increments (easily covering the range of 5 separate manual glass viscometers)
- Dual, independent modular baths enable simultaneous testing at two different temperatures
- Two fully accessible, 14-position sample handlers ensure reliable, unattended processing of up to 24 determinations per hour
- Automation provides an alternative to labor-intensive manual testing and reduces operator to operator variability
- A well tested CANNON viscometer platform offers reliability and dependable support
Compact & self-contained with flexible configuration
- Simple, out-of-the-box installation
- 35% smaller footprint conserves lab space
- Optional, environmentally friendly Peltier cooling requires no external refrigeration
- An onboard computer enables preprogrammed test parameters to be run without an external PC
- VISCPRO® PC software enables programming of user-defined test methods and permits one PC to manage and control up to four instruments
- User-configurable reports may be viewed, printed, saved and exported
Reduced consumable costs
- ASTM D445/ISO 3105 Ubbelohde-style tubes reduce solvent usage and disposal costs by 50%
- Automated vial washing and drying enables reuse and reduces vial consumption
Simplified maintenance and test versatility
- Modular bath for easy maintenance access
- Operators physically replace tubes in minutes, eliminating the need for related service calls
- Single-point temperature calibration avoids tube recalibration costs and maximizes flexibility
- Colored status indicator bath lights provide a simple remote indication of operational status
- Multiple predefined/user-defined test methods can be run within the same sample tray
- (Optional) High throughput, selective zone heating preheats individual samples to any temperature from ambient to 100 °C
- Instrument includes standard dual-solvent input
* Some upper viscosity measurements may be limited by test temperature and sample type. Fast run (10-fold range) tubes are also available.
CANNON Instrument Company
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.
Automated Viscometers & Rheometers, Viscosity & Flash Point Standards, Constant Temperature Baths, Manual Glass Viscometers, Physical Property Testers, Service & Support, densitometers, and Digital Thermometers
ISO 9001 Registration/Certification
CANNON's testing laboratory is ISO 9001 certified through Underwriters Laboratories.
We are ISO 9001 registered for the following products and services:
- 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variable; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometer and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO 9001 certificate.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC 17025 A2LA accreditation scope.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC Guide 34 A2LA accreditation scope.