Programmable, bending beam rheometer
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
TE-BBR Pro Thermoelectric Bending Beam Rheometer
The TE-BBR Pro is the only programmable, bending beam rheometer that allows high loads, up to 44 N, to be applied under truly controlled stress rates for asphalt binder research, mix design, forensic studies and repeated stress and creep recovery testing. Bath temperature is thermoelectrically controlled to ?40 °C. NOTE: This instrument is not designed to meet the low end force requirement (0.15 mN) of ASTM D6648 and AASHTO T313 and does not control strain.
- Asphalt binder research
- Asphalt mix design
- Asphalt forensic studies
- Repeated stress and creep recovery testing
Features & Benefits
Precise, repeatable results
- Temperature controlled to −40 °C
- Force is applied direcly (unlike displacement controlled instruments) for outstanding stress accuracy and control
- 1 year warranty included with instrument purchase
Versatile test design options
- Adjustable span lengths (100 mm, 120 mm, 140 mm and 160 mm) and sample thickness (6.35 mm to 12.7 mm)
- Capable of measuring specifmen beam loads from 0 g to 4.5 kg
- Specimen beam deflection capacity from −2.5 mm to 7.5 mm with resolution to 0.15 µm (1550 ?)
- Maximum force capacity of 44 N (4.5 kg) in any repeated cycle with resolution to within 1.4 mN (0.14 g)
- Totally programmable stress rates, stress profiles and test periods
- Loading rate can be trapezoidal or square waves with 1/4 second resolution
- Pneumatic pressure regulators allow the operator to adjust pressure on main input line, air bearing and shaft load
Automated operation and reporting
- Simple to use, Windows-based operational software (included) controls the entire testing and provides a graphical display of stress and strain
- Acquired data is automatically stored for off-line analysis
- RS-232 interface easily transfers data and exports reports/graphs to any Windows®-compatible printer (USB to RS-232 adapter available)
- Loading and unloading profiles can be constructed for many cycles
Compact, environmentally friendly design
- TE-cooled with solid-state Peltier element. Requires no external refrigeration (e.g. compressors). A separate air-water heat exchanger removes heat from the Peltier cooling devices.
- An integrated, self-contained bath cools using methanol or ethanol as the bath medium. No pressurized, costly or hazardous refrigerants are required.
Cannon Instrument Company
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties. At Cannon Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization.
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties.
- Accuracy, precision, and long-term reliability are the defining elements of our products and services.
- Innovative spirit and a desire to exceed customer expectations are the traits that we value most in our employees.
- As an internationally recognized expert in viscosity characterization, we seek to advance technology through our service and leadership in various international standardization and professional trade organizations.
At CANNON Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization. We are passionate about driving our financial growth through:
- technological excellence and new product innovations
- consistent manufacturing
- market diversification
- and an obsessive commitment to customer satisfaction
ISO 9001 Registration/Certification
CANNON's testing laboratory is ISO 9001 certified through Underwriters Laboratories.
We are ISO 9001 registered for the following products and services:
- 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variable; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometer and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO 9001 certificate.
A2LA has accredited CANNON for technical competence in the field of calibration (certificate number 1262.01) and the production of certified reference materials (certificate number 1262.02) . The ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation covers the calibration of glass capillary and cup viscometers, the determination of kinematic and dynamic viscosity (including that of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer samples), and the provision of calibration services for viscometers and kinematic viscosity thermometers. The ISO/IEC Guide 34 accreditation covers the production of certified reference materials for kinematic and dynamic viscosity oil standards.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC 17025 A2LA accreditation scope.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC Guide 34 A2LA accreditation scope.