Ready to put your viscosity testing on autopilot?
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
CANNON miniQV-X Flyer
miniQV®-X Single-Bath Kinematic Viscometer
For Rapid Kinematic Viscosity of Transparent and Opague Liquids with Near ASTM 445 Precision
ASTM D446 and ISO 3105
miniQV®-X is a fully automated, single-bath, benchtop viscometer for rapid kinematic viscosity measurement of transparent and opaque liquids with ASTM D445 precision capability. A 25-position sample handler allows unattended processing. The fast-run tube covers a 10-fold viscosity range between 5 mm²/s (cSt) and 800 mm²/s (cSt) from 40 °C to 100 °C. The miniQV-X has been optimized for condition monitoring of used oils.
- In-service oil viscosity
- Used oil analysis
- Fleet maintenance
- Condition monitoring
Features & Benefits:
Compact, robust design
- Temperature range: ambient to 100 °C (± 0.01 °C)
- Kinematic viscosity range:
- 5 mm²/s (cSt) to 800 mm²/s (cSt) in 10-fold increments at 40 °C
- 5 mm²/s (cSt) to 50 mm²/s (cSt) in 10-fold increments at 100 °C
- Fits in roughly the same benchtop area as an analytical balance
- A well tested CANNON viscometer platform offers reliability and dependable support
High speed analysis
- Analysis time: typically 3 minutes or less per test
- 25-position removable sample handler provides unattended operation
- Follows most ASTM D445 principles but with shorter flow times to accommodate rapid analysis
Fully automated benchtop testing
- Affordable alternative to labor-intensive manual KV testing
- Automates labor intensive tasks of sample measurement and viscometer tube washing and drying
- Single PC manages up to 4 instruments using VISCPRO® software
Reduced consumable costs
- ASTM D446/ISO 3105 fast run Ubbelohde-style tube reduces solvent usage/disposal costs
- Low sample volume requirement of just 4 mL to 5 mL per test and solvent consumption of just 8 mL per test
- Uses disposable, low-cost HDPE sample vials
Simplified maintenance & test versatility
- Modular bath for easy maintenance access
- Operators replace tubes in minutes, eliminating the need to schedule related service calls
- Single-point temperature calibration avoids tube recalibration costs and maximizes test flexibility
- Standard dual solvent input
Cannon Instrument Company
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties. At Cannon Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization.
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties.
- Accuracy, precision, and long-term reliability are the defining elements of our products and services.
- Innovative spirit and a desire to exceed customer expectations are the traits that we value most in our employees.
- As an internationally recognized expert in viscosity characterization, we seek to advance technology through our service and leadership in various international standardization and professional trade organizations.
At CANNON Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization. We are passionate about driving our financial growth through:
- technological excellence and new product innovations
- consistent manufacturing
- market diversification
- and an obsessive commitment to customer satisfaction
ISO 9001 Registration/Certification
CANNON's testing laboratory is ISO 9001 certified through Underwriters Laboratories.
We are ISO 9001 registered for the following products and services:
- 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variable; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometer and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO 9001 certificate.
A2LA has accredited CANNON for technical competence in the field of calibration (certificate number 1262.01) and the production of certified reference materials (certificate number 1262.02) . The ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation covers the calibration of glass capillary and cup viscometers, the determination of kinematic and dynamic viscosity (including that of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer samples), and the provision of calibration services for viscometers and kinematic viscosity thermometers. The ISO/IEC Guide 34 accreditation covers the production of certified reference materials for kinematic and dynamic viscosity oil standards.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC 17025 A2LA accreditation scope.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC Guide 34 A2LA accreditation scope.