TE-BBR SD Thermoelectric Bending Beam Rheometer
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
For Low Temperature Flexural Creep Testing of Asphalt Binders
ASTM D6648, AASHTO T313, SHRP Binder Provisions
The TE-BBR is a thermoelectrically-cooled bending beam rheometer for testing flexural creep of asphalt binders from ambient to –40 °C (± 0.03 °C). A crack seal option provides for low temperature characterization of crack seal “creep” under load for 0.5” thick specimens. TE-BBR meets or exceeds ASTM, AASHTO and SHRP provisions for flexural creep testing of asphalt binders
- Flexural creep of asphalt binders
- Low temperature characterization of crack seal under load
Features & Benefits:
Precise, repeatable results
- Meets or exceeds ASTM, AASHTO and SHRP requirement for low temperature flexural creep testing of asphalt binders including ASTM D6648 and AASHTO T313
- Instrument sample supports feature specimen support strips 3mm ± 0.30 mm in top radius
- Temperature range: 0 °C to −40 °C. Temperature stability: ± 0.03 °C with resolution to ± 0.01 °C.
- Resolves specimen beam deflection to 0.155 µm (1550 ?)
- Resolves force to within 0.147 mN (0.015 g)
Reliable and versatile performance
- Installed instruments in operation in asphalt testing labs throughout the world
- Performance verified through ASTM round-robin testing
- Pneumatic pressure regulators allow operator to adjust pressure on main input line, air bearing and load shaft support
- Capable of measuring specimen beam loads from 0 g to 450 g
- Instrument provided with factory-calibration in an ISO 9001-registered laboratory
- 1 year warranty included with instrument purchase
Simple, automated testing
- Easy to use Windows-based operational software (included) controls the entire testing process and provides a visual display of stress and strain
- Simple data transfer via RS-232 interface
- Reports and graphs can be printed on any Windows®-compatible computer
Compact, self-contained unit
- TE-cooled with solid-state Peltier elements. Requires no pressurized coolants (a separate air-water heat exchanger is included) and is environmentally friendly.
- An integrated, self-contained bath cools using methanol or ethanol as the bath medium.
Cannon Instrument Company
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties. At Cannon Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization.
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties.
- Accuracy, precision, and long-term reliability are the defining elements of our products and services.
- Innovative spirit and a desire to exceed customer expectations are the traits that we value most in our employees.
- As an internationally recognized expert in viscosity characterization, we seek to advance technology through our service and leadership in various international standardization and professional trade organizations.
At CANNON Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization. We are passionate about driving our financial growth through:
- technological excellence and new product innovations
- consistent manufacturing
- market diversification
- and an obsessive commitment to customer satisfaction
ISO 9001 Registration/Certification
CANNON's testing laboratory is ISO 9001 certified through Underwriters Laboratories.
We are ISO 9001 registered for the following products and services:
- 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variable; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometer and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO 9001 certificate.
A2LA has accredited CANNON for technical competence in the field of calibration (certificate number 1262.01) and the production of certified reference materials (certificate number 1262.02) . The ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation covers the calibration of glass capillary and cup viscometers, the determination of kinematic and dynamic viscosity (including that of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer samples), and the provision of calibration services for viscometers and kinematic viscosity thermometers. The ISO/IEC Guide 34 accreditation covers the production of certified reference materials for kinematic and dynamic viscosity oil standards.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC 17025 A2LA accreditation scope.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC Guide 34 A2LA accreditation scope.