Thermoelectric Rotational Paddle Viscometer
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
- Emulsified asphalts
- Marine fuels
- Residual oils
TE-DPV® Thermoelectric Rotational Paddle Viscometer
For Dynamic Viscosity of Non-Homogenous Materials Including Emulsified Asphalts
ASTM D7226, ASTM D2397, ASTM D977 and AASHTO TP121
TE-DPV® is an automated, thermoelectrically cooled rotational digital paddle viscometer for measuring the dynamic viscosity of emulsified asphalts, marine fuels and other non-homogeneous materials at 25 °C, 40 °C, 50 °C, 80 °C, and 100 °C. The TE-DPV provides a convenient, automated alternative to older, labor-intensive and less precise methods.
Features & Benefits:
Designed specifically for viscosity testing of non-homogenous materials
- Meets ASTM (D7226/D2397/D977) and AASHTO TP121 for asphalt emulsions
- Viscosity range: 30 mPa·s (cP) to 3000 mPa·s (cP)* ± 5% accuracy.
- Integrated heating and cooling enables dynamic viscosity measurement at 25 °C, 40 °C, 50 °C, 80 °C and 100 °C ± 0.1 °C
- Digital display presents viscosity values in mPa·s (cP) as well as mm²/s (cSt) for samples with known density values
Improves data quality
- Automated sample processing and testing reduces the impact of operator skill on quality data
- Paddle continuously mixes the sample for greater homogeniety and more representative data
- Direct measurement of the sample rather than the bath temperature improves measurement accuracy
- Viscosity data is automatically calculated and may be transferred to an optional dot matrix printer
Eliminates laborious and tedious methodologies
- Simply load the sample and push a button to initiate testing
- Removable sample cup make cleaning between samples quicker and easier
- Enables unattended sample processing
- Completes most tests in 10 to 30 minutes
Reduces safety risks
- No hot dripping sample; no glass components or accessories
- Wipe-clean paddle and sample cup reduce the need to use hazardous cleaning solvents
- Heater cup thermostat senses over-temperature fault conditions and removes power until temperature reaches a safe level
- Motor shaft and paddle immobilization automatically cuts off motor power
Low cost, easily transportable design
- Self-contained, compact instrument with no ancillary equipment
- At 1/7 the benchtop footprint and 1/3 the weight of traditional Saybolt viscometer baths, the TE-DPV conserves valuable lab space and transports easily for field applications
* For tests above 3000 mPa·s (cP) consider the CANNON® DPV
Cannon Instrument Company
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties. At Cannon Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization.
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties.
- Accuracy, precision, and long-term reliability are the defining elements of our products and services.
- Innovative spirit and a desire to exceed customer expectations are the traits that we value most in our employees.
- As an internationally recognized expert in viscosity characterization, we seek to advance technology through our service and leadership in various international standardization and professional trade organizations.
At CANNON Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization. We are passionate about driving our financial growth through:
- technological excellence and new product innovations
- consistent manufacturing
- market diversification
- and an obsessive commitment to customer satisfaction
ISO 9001 Registration/Certification
CANNON's testing laboratory is ISO 9001 certified through Underwriters Laboratories.
We are ISO 9001 registered for the following products and services:
- 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variable; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometer and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO 9001 certificate.
A2LA has accredited CANNON for technical competence in the field of calibration (certificate number 1262.01) and the production of certified reference materials (certificate number 1262.02) . The ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation covers the calibration of glass capillary and cup viscometers, the determination of kinematic and dynamic viscosity (including that of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer samples), and the provision of calibration services for viscometers and kinematic viscosity thermometers. The ISO/IEC Guide 34 accreditation covers the production of certified reference materials for kinematic and dynamic viscosity oil standards.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC 17025 A2LA accreditation scope.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC Guide 34 A2LA accreditation scope.