Thermoelectric Sample Conditioner System
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
TESC-2983 Thermoelectric Sample Conditioner System
ASTM D2983 automated Procedure D & ASTM D8210 - For Low Temperature Viscosity of Lubricants
The compact, economical TESC-2983 (thermoelectric sample conditioner) viscometer system provides outstanding precision for the new ASTM D2983 automated procedure D conditioning and testing process for low temperature viscosity of gear oils and ATF, as well as ASTM D8210. Allows for unattended operation. Environmentally-friendly Peltier thermoelectric cooling does not require hazardous fluids. Small footprint conserves bench space and allows installation of multiple instruments for redundancy and multiple temperature cycles. Eliminates sample disruption during preheating, room temperature stabilization, cooling and final viscosity testing. Reduces result variability due to temperature fluctuation. Provides superior precision.
- Gear oils
- Automatic transmission fluids
- Torque and tractor fluids
- Industrial and automotive hydraulic oils
- Industrial lubricants
- Other fluids where low-temperature viscosity is critical
Superior precision in fully automated thermal conditioning and testing (−40 °C to +90 °C)
- Provides unsurpassed results for ASTM D2983 automated procedure D sample conditioning and testing
- Allows for unattended operation
- Eliminates sample disruption during preheating, room temperature stabilization, cooling and final viscosity testing
- Reduces result variability due to temperature fluctuation and operator intervention
Cost effective, ultra-compact design with low energy consumption
- Small footprint conserves bench space and allows installation of multiple TESC systems, providing redundancy and multiple temperature cycles
- Dedicated PC is not required for standard instrument operation*
- Only 300 W power per unit
Environmentally-friendly Peltier thermoelectric cooling
- Peltier cooling is environmentally-friendly and does not require the use of hazardous bath fluids or refrigerants
- Enclosed insulated sample chamber mitigates the effects of laboratory air temperature on the test
Pre-developed test programs for common lubricants (gear oil and ATF)
- Reduces instrument set-up time
- Measures viscosity at multiple speeds automatically
- Configured for use with the Brookfield® DV2T viscometer and compatible with most Brookfield® models
- Simplifies positioning of the viscometer head
Digital recording, printing and exporting of thermal test history and final viscosity data for convenient import into Microsoft® Excel® or other programs
* A PC is required to reprogram the unit for tests other than gear oil at −40° C
CANNON Instrument Company
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.
Automated Viscometers & Rheometers, Viscosity & Flash Point Standards, Constant Temperature Baths, Manual Glass Viscometers, Physical Property Testers, Service & Support, densitometers, and Digital Thermometers
ISO 9001 Registration/Certification
CANNON's testing laboratory is ISO 9001 certified through Underwriters Laboratories.
We are ISO 9001 registered for the following products and services:
- 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variable; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometer and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO 9001 certificate.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC 17025 A2LA accreditation scope.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC Guide 34 A2LA accreditation scope.