Viscosity testing of non-homogenous materials
Featured Product from CANNON Instrument Company
Designed specifically for viscosity testing of non-homogenous materials
- Meets ASTM (D7226/D2397/D977) and AASHTO provisional standard requirements for asphalt emulsions
- Viscosity range: 30 mPa·s (cP) to 30,000 mPa·s (cP) in 100-fold increments depending on paddle selection
- Integrated heating measures dynamic viscosity at 40 °C, 50 °C, 80 °C and 100 °C ± 0.1 °C. For tests at 25 °C, see the TE-DPV product page.
- Digital display presents viscosity values in mPa·s (cP), mm²/s (cSt) and Saybolt Fural Second
- Suitable for applications including emulsified asphalts, marine fuels, suspensions, slurries, foods, paints and residual oils
Improves data quality
- Automated sample processing and testing reduces dependence on operator skill for quality data
- Paddle continuously mixes the sample for greater sample homogeniety and more representative sample data
- Direct measurement of the sample rather than the bath temperature provides more accurate temperature measurement
- Viscosity data is automatically calculated and may be transferred to an optional dot matrix printer
Eliminates laborious and tedious sample processing
- No sieving or sample pre-heating is required, just load the sample and push a button to initiate sample prep and testing
- Removable sample cup allows for quick and easy cleaning between samples
- Allows unattended sample processing without the need to invest in additional, expensive equipment
- Computes most tests in 10 to 30 minutes with less messy post-test cleanup
Reduces safety risks
- No hot dripping sample or tricky cork removal; no glass components or accessories
- Heater cup thermostat senses over-temperature fault conditions and removes power to the heater until the temperature is at a safe level
- Motor shaft and paddle immobilization automatically disables motor power
Low cost, easily transportable design
- Self-contained, compact instrument with no ancillary equipment (e.g. ovens, water baths)
- Transports easily for field applications. DPV is up to 1/7 the benchtop footprint and 1/3 the weight of a traditional Saybolt viscometer bath
- Low overall system cost
DPV® Digital Paddle Viscometer
For Dynamic Viscosity of Non-Homogenous Materials Including Emulsified Asphalts
ASTM D7226, D2397, D977 and AASHTO TP-121
- Emulsified asphalts
- Marine fuels
- Residual oils
The DPV is an automated, rotational digital paddle viscometer for measuring the dynamic viscosity of non-homogenous materials such as emulsified asphalts, marine fuels, residual oils, slurries and foods at 40 °C, 50 °C, 80 °C, and 100 °C. For tests at 25 °C, see the TE-DPV product page. The DPV provides an automated alternative to older, labor-intensive and less precise methods.CANNON® Digital Paddle Viscometer (DPV) Instruction & Operation Manual
CANNON® DPV Flyer
Cannon Instrument Company
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties. At Cannon Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization.
CANNON Instrument Company has earned international acclaim for the quality of its viscosity-related products and services since its founding in 1938 by scientist, inventor, and educator Dr. Michael R. Cannon. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premier-quality test equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting-edge of research and development.
Cannon Instrument Company delivers value to our customers by providing the highest quality instruments, services, and certified reference materials for the characterization of viscosity, rheology and other physical properties.
- Accuracy, precision, and long-term reliability are the defining elements of our products and services.
- Innovative spirit and a desire to exceed customer expectations are the traits that we value most in our employees.
- As an internationally recognized expert in viscosity characterization, we seek to advance technology through our service and leadership in various international standardization and professional trade organizations.
At CANNON Instrument Company, we strive to be the trusted world leader in viscosity and physical property characterization. We are passionate about driving our financial growth through:
- technological excellence and new product innovations
- consistent manufacturing
- market diversification
- and an obsessive commitment to customer satisfaction
ISO 9001 Registration/Certification
CANNON's testing laboratory is ISO 9001 certified through Underwriters Laboratories.
We are ISO 9001 registered for the following products and services:
- 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variable; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometer and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO 9001 certificate.
A2LA has accredited CANNON for technical competence in the field of calibration (certificate number 1262.01) and the production of certified reference materials (certificate number 1262.02) . The ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation covers the calibration of glass capillary and cup viscometers, the determination of kinematic and dynamic viscosity (including that of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer samples), and the provision of calibration services for viscometers and kinematic viscosity thermometers. The ISO/IEC Guide 34 accreditation covers the production of certified reference materials for kinematic and dynamic viscosity oil standards.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC 17025 A2LA accreditation scope.
Click here to view a copy of our ISO/IEC Guide 34 A2LA accreditation scope.