KTP optical crystal
Featured Product from CRYSTECH, Inc.
Potassium Titanyl Phosphate (KTiOPO3 or KTP) is an excellent nonlinear optical material suitable for use in many optical systems. It has high nonlinear coefficient and stable physical property. Its most popular application is as a frequency doubler utilizing the 1064nm output of a Nd:YAG laser and to generate 532nm laser. KTP’s properties also make it superior for electro-optic modulation, optical parametric generation.
KTP is a positive biaxial crystal, with the principal axes X, Y, and Z (nz>ny>nx) parallel to the crystallographic axes a, b, and c, respectively.
- Large nonlinear coefficient
- Wide angular bandwidth and small walk off angle
- Broad temperature and spectral bandwidth
- Large electro-optical coefficient
- High damage threshold
- Nonhygroscopic, chemically and mechanically stable