The Top 11 Industrial Uses for Rotary Shaft Seals
Featured Product from CinchSeal
The Top 11 Industrial Uses for Rotary Shaft Seals
Because of its innovative design, a CinchSeal rotary shaft seal provides an advantage to companies that rely on high performance to minimize downtime and maximize production. CinchSeal plays a particularly important role for the 11 industries below. But first, why do you need a CinchSeal?
Why rotating shaft seal design matters
Whether compared to lip seals or mechanical packing, CinchSeal’s mechanical shaft seals have some distinct advantages. For example, CinchSeal:
- Provides a much larger surface than lip seals for the shaft/seal interface, reducing contamination and leakage
- Contains an elastomer that spins with the shaft, eliminating shaft damage
- Can seal shafts with 0.250”[6.35mm] runouts.
- Very easy to assemble and disassemble for easy cleaning.
- Is designed to provide self-cleaning and self-lubrication, so the seals operate dry
- Eliminates material loss, lowers maintenance costs and prevents bearing failure
- Works exceptionally well under the challenging conditions like those found in food and bulk processing environments
The Top 11 Industrial Uses for CinchSeal1. Meat and poultry processing
Leaking lip seals on meat blenders cost money. Replacing any lip seals with a CinchSeal will save money and increase ROI. CinchSeal is a perfect match for mixers and screw conveyors found throughout the meat and poultry processing industry.
2. Dairy processing
Unlike most other rotary seals, CinchSeal can provide the FDA approved Model 9700 split stainless steel seal or a USDA solid dairy approved seal. These sanitary industrial seals meet strict FDA requirements, which are important in an industry that is among the most regulated
3. Feed and grain manufacturing
One of the largest markets for CinchSeal, the feed and grain industry, includes pet food manufacturers, animal feeds; rice, wheat and flour milling; and corn processing. The equipment used by major feed and grain companies—including screw conveyors, silo augers, bucket elevators, mixers and blenders—works with CinchSeal.
4. Cement and gypsum
Every major cement and gypsum company in the United States uses CinchSeal 7500 Series seals for screw conveyors, size reduction equipment and live bottom bins. These no-maintenance, “installation and leave” seals are the perfect solution in a tough environment.
5. Pulp and paper manufacturing
To compete effectively, pulp and paper manufacturers need a shaft seal that shortens equipment run time and reduces unscheduled maintenance to stave off lower production and higher costs. Pulp mills use CinchSeal solid and split seals on side-entry agitators, wood fiber screws, pulpers, chip washers, rotary air locks and wash press augers.
6. Industrial and bulk material handling
Safety and equipment reliability are two keys to success when it comes to the mining, metals, and aggregate industries. Downtime caused by bearing or gearbox failures from dust and powder leaks carries a high cost and requires a superior shaft seal. A solid or split CinchSeal in aluminum or stainless steel will cut down on unplanned maintenance.
7. Pharmaceutical manufacturing
In this highly regulated industry, meeting safety and hygienic standards can be difficult. Companies can’t risk the contamination that results from using mechanical packing seals. The CinchSeal 9700 split stainless steel seal in batch mixers eliminates this problem.
8. Baking industry
Premature bearing failures and seal leakages are among the major causes of downtime and lost production in baking. The CinchSeal 316L’s stainless steel construction and split design reduces costly maintenance problems.
9. Chocolate manufacturing
Mechanical packing seals can allow unacceptable chocolate leakage. A CinchSeal rotary shaft seal on holding tanks, melting tanks conches, cocoa refineries, sugar screw conveyors and mixing equipment stops leakage in its tracks.
10. Ethanol manufacturing
Corn milling loses productivity and cuts into revenues when product leaks from mechanical packing seals. CinchSeal stops product leakage and saves gearboxes. It also prevents damage to the rotating shafts on the mixers caused by mechanical packing.
11. Beverage manufacturing
CinchSeal has found their place in wine and beer making because they can handle a tough environment. The 7800 series performs very well on de-stemmers, receiving hoppers and crushers. In breweries, CinchSeal has the ability to handle large volumes of water making them ideal on spent grain conveyors.
CinchSeal: The Right Fit in Rotary Shaft Seal Manufacturing
There is no better answer to rotating shaft sealing challenges than CinchSeal:
- For a multiple industries, CinchSeal has proven solutions to common, and costly, problems caused by lip seals and mechanical packing seals
- CinchSeal offers an innovative design that enhances the performance, reliability and service life for all our types of industrial seals
- In challenging environments, CinchSeal offers easier maintenance that saves downtime and reduces labor costs
For over 25 years, CinchSeal has been a major rotary shaft seal manufacturer. We’re also dedicated manufacturers of screw conveyors, ribbon blenders and all kinds of bulk handling equipment. CinchSeal’s industrial seal solutions serve as replacements and major upgrades that make the need for machine replacement less likely.