Temperature Sensors for Power Generation
Featured Product from Conax Technologies
Innovative solutions for PowerGen
For over 70 years, Conax has designed and manufactured compression seal fittings, temperature sensors and cable and harness assemblies for a broad range of applications across the Power Generation industry. Our innovative designs help reduce costs to OEM and lower maintenance times for end users.
We listen to our clients and work with them as partners to engineer customized solutions for every challenge they face. Our comprehensive solutions have been applied to:
- Heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs)
- Internal combustion engines and turbochargers
- Steam and wind turbines
- Waste energy cogeneration
- Hydroelectric, nuclear and solar power
- Fuel cells
Download our brochure for the Power Generation industry.
- Competitively-priced exhaust gas sensors for LM Series engines – Conax exhaust gas sensors for LM6000 T4.8 and LM2500/LM5000 turbines are engineered from state-of-the-art materials that are fully interchangeable with OEM products and offer excellent mechanical strength and superior oxidation creep resistance. Download our brochures for LM6000 T4.8and LM2500/LM5000
- Customized EGTs for FT8 aeroderivative ground-based turbines – Pratt & Whitney FT8/GG8 frame users find that Conax Technologies’ superior design meets or exceeds OEM functionality and has proven to be highly reliable through field testing and validation. Download our brochure for FT8/GG8 frame
- Custom-designed cable and harness assemblies – Conax works directly with industry leaders to custom design, build, test, and deliver high-quality cable and harness assembliesfor a wide variety of engines and applications, including cable assemblies for large frame ground-based turbines, ground-based aeroderivative engines, and mineral insulated cable.
Patented Spring Loaded Exhaust Gas Sensors for 7F and 9F class turbines
Standard exhaust gas sensors in 7F and 9F class turbines are at risk of premature failure due to vibrations caused by gas flow velocities, input vibrations and thermal expansion mismatch.
Conax Technologies’ exclusive Spring Loaded Exhaust Gas Sensors are specially designed to withstand these vibrations and avoid premature sensor failures.
Our patented sensors have a high temperature compression spring that’s inserted between two spacer tubes. The spring dampens the vibration and keeps the temperature sensor tip seated within the radiation shield. With this increased stability, the sensor tips won’t break. So turbines run longer without the risk of premature sensor failure. View a demo video or download our white paper.
Gas turbine sensors and seals
- Exhaust gas sensors and blade path sensors – Designed for use on all heavy-duty gas turbines, Conax sensors are of the latest configuration for easy replacement. Just connect our thermocouple to the flexible, stainless steel braided cable for quick installation and longer life.
- Wheelspace, disc cavity and compressor discharge thermocouples – Conax Technologies’ thermocouples for this application meet the operational and performance requirements, per the OEM specifications, as replacements on heavy duty gas turbines. These cost-effective thermocouples are hermetically sealed to provide a more reliable product that eliminates IR failures. The positive stop at the tip of the thermocouples eliminates any fretting problems. Download our wheelspace thermocouple and exhaust gas thermocouple
- Air inlet thermocouples – Manufactured from ASTM E585 thermocouple material utilizing the highest purity insulation material, Conax sensors yield superior insulation resistance and sensor repeatability and are tested at various points during the manufacturing cycle to ensure the highest possible quality.
- Bearing sensors and seals – Conax Miniature Bearing Sensors provide a simple and cost-effective method to monitor bearing temperatures. These sensors are for embedded applications where temperature monitoring is critical to machine performance and reliability. The unique bearing sensor wire seal prevents migration of oil along the sensor leads. Available with RTDs or thermocouple types J, K, T and E. Download our Miniature Bearing Temperature Sensors brochure.