Feedthroughs & Fittings for the Furnace Industry
Featured Product from Conax Technologies
An industry leader
For more than 70 years, Conax Technologies has been a global leader in the design and manufacture of compression seal feedthroughs, temperature sensors and cable and harness assemblies for a broad range of industries, including solutions for furnaces used in the steel, aerospace, heavy industrial, and automotive industries.
Our standard and custom-designed solutions are used for a variety of processes, including melting, casting, re-heating, annealing and coating.
Solutions for a wide range of furnaces
Our temperature sensors and fitting/feedthrough assemblies are used in various types of furnaces, ovens and kilns across a variety of industries and applications, including:
- Steel and metal production
- Glass manufacturing
- Heat treating parts and components
- Ceramic manufacturing, cement and brick plants
- MIMs for load thermocouples
- Platinum control thermocouples
Solutions for providing electrical input
If you need to provide electrical input to a fan, motor, heater or other AC or DC powered device, Conax has two great solutions covering virtually any power feedthrough requirement. Our power series compression seal fittings are simple and reliable mechanical pressure and vacuum seal fittings to supply high voltage or current to your equipment and protect your environment.
Single Electrode Style Compression Seal Fittings—Our single electrode style compression seal fittings allow for up to 525 amps per single electrode at up to 8000 VDC. Products include:
- High Voltage Power Feedthrough (EGT)
- High Voltage/Pressure Power Feedthrough (HEGPK)
- High Temperature Power Feedthrough (EG)
Power Lead Style Compression Seal Feedthroughs—Our Power Lead (PL) compression seal feedthroughs provide multiple sealed, insulated wires for inserting power into a furnace.
Conax Technologies’ sealed feedthroughs and compression seal fittings have proven to be the industry leaders in quality and performance. We’re the originators of soft sealant technology that, when combined with mechanical compression, results in a remarkably secure seal on wires, probes, and electrodes passing through a pressure or environmental boundary. The solutions listed below are commonly used in furnaces.
Feedthroughs with factory-installed lead wire are available in copper or thermocouple wire and include:
- General Purpose Instrument Lead (TG – 24T)
- High Temperature Instrument Lead Feedthrough (TGF)
- High Pressure Ruggedized Feedthrough (PL)
- High Density Wire Feedthrough (HD)
Feedthroughs without factory-installed lead wires include:
- Multiple probe or wire seal fitting
- Compression seal fittings for vibration sensors, humidity sensors, pressure sensors, control sensors, and more
- Single probes or sensors
- Split fittings for sealing on cables/wires with connectors or sensors larger than cable diameter (SPG & DSPG)
Conax Technologies is the industry leader in the design and fabrication of temperature measurement devices. Conax temperature and control sensors are used throughout the furnace industry in a variety of processes. Our products include:
- Standard Thermocouple Assemblies available in types J, K, E, N and T; operating temperatures up to 2300ºF (1260º C)
- High Temperature Thermocouple Assemblies available in types S, R, B and C; operating temperatures up to 4200ºF (2315º C)
- Resistance Temperature Detectors (RTDs) available in class A and B tolerances (EN 60751); operating temperatures up to 1472º F (800º C)
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accredited and AMS 2750F compliant calibration lab
With a calibration laboratory that is ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accredited and ILAC MRA certified, Conax is fully capable of producing calibration data that’s compliant with the latest AMS 2750F standards. ISO/IEC 17025:2017 sets the national standard of excellence for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories and recognizes Conax as fully competent to produce valid and reliable results.
View our products.