1st Rad-Tol Complete MIL-STD-1553 Solutions (1553)
Featured Product from Data Device Corporation (DDC)
DDC Launches the First Radiation Tolerant Complete MIL-STD-1553 Solutions…
Total-Space ACE & Total-Space RT
Bohemia, New York (April 2016) Data Device Corporation (DDC) introduces two new +3.3V completely integrated radiation tolerant MIL-STD-1553 terminals that include transceivers, transformers, protocol and memory. Total-Space ACE offers full BC, RT, MT, and RT/MT functionality to interface directly to a host processor, while the Total-Space RT is an RT only terminal ideal for interfacing with systems without a host processor, such as FPGA and simple logic. Both versions feature an extended -55°C to +125°C temperature range, and 300 Krads TID (Total Ionizing Dose) and >85 MeV SEE (Single Event Effects) radiation hardening, required for the extreme environmental conditions encountered in mission critical space applications.
- Compact integrated design saves space... replaces two transceivers, two transformers, protocol, and memory (not in RT version)
- Efficient +3.3V operation minimizes power consumption, compared to multi-component solutions
- Single package simplifies layout & improves reliability (MTBF)
- Transformers and transceivers, trimmed and tested as a set, provide superior margin for MIL-STD-1553 compliance
- Two configurations available, in gull wing and flat package options:
- BC, RT, MT, RT/MT (Total-Space ACE)
- RT only (Total-Space RT)
- DLA MIL-PRF-38534 Class H or K Qualified
“To support the expanding demand for greater power efficiency and space utilization in environments exposed to radiation, DDC introduces the first fully integrated, radiation tolerant MIL-STD-1553 solutions. These compact single package designs offer highly efficient 3.3V operation, minimizing layout and power requirements” stated Mike Hegarty, DDC’s Data Bus Product Line Manager.
Data Device Corporation (DDC) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-reliability Connectivity, Power and Control solutions (Data Networking; Power Distribution, Control and Conversion; Motor Control and Motion Feedback) for aerospace, defense, and industrial applications. With awards for quality, delivery, and support, DDC has served industry as a trusted resource for more than 50 years… providing proven solutions that are optimized for efficiency, reliability and performance. Data Device Corporation brands include DDC, Beta Transformer Technology Corporation, National Hybrid Inc., Pascall Electronics Ltd., and XCEL Power Systems Ltd. DDC is headquartered in Bohemia, NY and has manufacturing operations in New York, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit: www.ddc-web.com.