Flight Qualified 280W IFEC & PED Power (CJET)
Featured Product from Data Device Corporation (DDC)
Bohemia, New York (March 2020) Data Device Corporation (DDC) introduces a new 280W converter to supply 28V power for IFEC electronics and USB charging ports for Portable Electronic Devices (PED) to up to 24 seats, with a compact, high output, and cost effective solution that delivers the industry's best power efficiency performance. The SP-280 converter’s space saving design enables more comfort/space for passengers—below seat boxes, brackets, or shrouds are no longer necessary as this compact unit can be conveniently mounted within the cabin wall or ceiling.
- DO-160 Flight Qualified
- Space saving design enables more comfort/space for passengers—below seat boxes, brackets, or shrouds are no longer necessary as this compact unit can be conveniently mounted within the cabin wall or ceiling
- Best-In-Class power efficiency optimizes power utilization and generates less heat than competing units
- Power efficiency: >92% nominal (power factor >0.95)
- No MCU/CLCU required, saving installation efforts and cost
- Safe, reliable power—built-in over-current protection, thermal shut-down and short circuit protection protect passenger and aircraft electronics
- Shortest installation time of all power systems available
- Compact, low profile package: 205mm x 140mm x 46mm (8.07in x 5.51in x 1.81in)
- Weight: 1.32Kg (2.90lbs)
“Offering best in class power efficiency and reliability, the compact 280W IFEC and PED power solution affords aircraft integrators a cost effective means to shorten installation time, while freeing up valuable cabin space for passenger comfort and safety”, stated Nils Jolliffe, DDC’s Managing Director for DDC Electronics Ltd.