World’s Fastest SPI MIL-STD-1553 Interface (1553)
Featured Product from Data Device Corporation (DDC)
DDC Introduces the World’s Fastest SPI to MIL-STD-1553 Interface!
Bohemia, New York (March 2019) – Data Device Corporation (DDC) introduces the Nano-ACE® BC/RT/MT MIL-STD-1553 terminal, the latest evolution in the highly successful Enhanced Mini-ACE® series, which has been in operation since 1999 with more than 800 million hours of in-service history. This new Nano-ACE® (BU-67833LC), which is an upgraded version of the BU-67743LC Nano-ACE RT, offers complete BC/RT/MT functionality, along with increased 32K x 17 RAM including parity capability, comprehensive autonomous built-in self-test, and the option to auto-initialize from an external EEPROM. The Nano-ACE® BC/RT/MT utilizes a fast 50MHz Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) to reduce pin count and package size, enabling users to benefit from DDC’s market leading 1553 functionality and reliability, in an ultra-small package that provides the ability to create more compact and higher density boards. The BU-67833LC Nano-ACE’s highly efficient +3.3V transceivers minimize power consumption and heat dissipation, enabling further board miniaturization through the use of smaller power and heat sinking components.
- World’s Fastest 50 MHz 1553 Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
- Interoperability with a wide variety of processors
- Easy to implement (4 wire interface)
- Ultra Compact Footprint
- Small 7x7mm QFN package, with reliable pad pitch (0.5mm)
- Saves space and enables creation of more compact and higher density boards
- Replaces 2 transceivers, MIL-STD-1553 protocol core, and memory
- Optimized Performance
- Supports BC or RT or Monitor modes, and RT/Monitor modes
- Ultra low transceiver power (0.90W max @100% duty cycle)
- 32K x 17 RAM with Parity (with option to initialize RAM and registers from an EEPROM)
- Comprehensive Built-In Self-Text with autonomous operation
- Backwards Compatible with ACE / Mini-ACE® Series
- Software and register compatible with ACE, Mini-ACE®, Enhanced Mini-ACE®, Micro-ACE®, and Mini-ACE® Mark3 Series remote terminals
“The Nano-ACE® BC/RT/MT continues DDC’s commitment to provide increased functionality in smaller packaging, while preserving backwards compatibility, enabling designers to create more compact and higher density boards”, stated Mike Hegarty, Product Line Manager, Data Bus Components.