8B Voltage and Bipolar Current Output Modules
Featured Product from Dataforth Corporation
The wide-ranging family of SensorLex® 8B isolated analog signal conditioners offered by Dataforth Corporation, Tucson, AZ, includes 8B49 voltage output modules and the 8B39-07 bipolar current output module.
These modules accept high level voltage inputs from a process control system, then isolate, filter, and boost the resulting signal, providing a high-level analog voltage or current output. Available models provide a wide range of input voltage ranges, which translates into a wide range of outputs.
The 8B49 series of voltage output models can source or sink up to 20mA into or out of an isolated load. A similar model, the 8B39-07, accepts up to ±10V input signals and provides a proportional bipolar, isolated current output of ±20mA, driving loads up to 400 ohms using an internal compliance voltage.
Specific applications for these modules include:
- Any process, industrial or other, that requires an isolated, high-level signal with drive capability to interface to devices such as solenoids, relays, or motor controllers
- Situations where space is at a premium: 8B49 modules provide signal conditioning in the smallest package available
- Machinery or motor control
- Processes requiring signal level translation
- Installations requiring conversion of voltage signals to current signals for transmission over long distances or for noise immunity
- Installations requiring isolation for noise immunity or to break ground loops
Signal gains of 0.5V/V to 2V/V are offered with the 8B49 with seven options for input and output voltage levels and level translation, allowing the modules to fit into virtually any process control installation. Other ranges are available upon request.
Signal filtering in the 8B49 modules is accomplished with a 4-pole filter optimized for time and frequency response; the 8B39-07 uses a 3-pole filter.
The outputs of the 8B49 and 8B39-07 modules are current and voltage limited to protect customer equipment from system overload and fault conditions. All models are designed for operation in Class I, Division 2 hazardous locations and are compliant with European EMC directives.
Additional 8B49 and 8B39-07 features include:
- ±0.05% Accuracy (typical)
- ±0.02% Linearity
- 1500Vrms Transformer Isolation
- Output Protection to 40Vrms
- ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1 Transient Protection
- 5V Power (30mA typical)
- High Common Mode Rejection
- Low Drift with Ambient Temperature
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
- CE Compliant
- Other Agency Approvals Pending
- Mix and Match Module Types on Backpanel
Like all modules in the SensorLex® 8B family, the 8B49 and 8B39-07 provide fully functional Instrument Class® performance. Measuring only 1.11" x 1.65" x 0.4" (28.1mm x 41.9mm x 10.2mm), these modules are housed in a solid, potted thermoplastic plug-in-the-panel package with flammability rating of UL-94 V-0. All 8B modules offer dimensional stability over temperature, chemical resistance, and excellent stability over time; they do not require recalibration.
All models meet the requirements of EN61000-6-4 (radiated/conducted emissions) and EN61000-6-2 (ESD/RF/EFT immunity). For operation in hazardous environments, North American Class I, Division 2, and European Group II, Category 3, approvals are pending.
About Dataforth Corporation:
Dataforth was established in 1984 and is the world leader in data acquisition, signal conditioning and data communication products for industrial applications. Worldwide, our electronic data acquisition, signal conditioning, and data communication products provide rugged signal and data integrity and wide spectrum accuracy. All Dataforth products are manufactured in the USA and have been RoHS Compliant since 2006. The Dataforth Quality Management System is ISO9001:2008 registered.
For additional information, call 800-444-7644 toll-free, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at www.dataforth.com.