Infineon XENSIV™ - TLI4971 Coreless Current Sensor
Featured Product from Digi-Key Electronics
Infineon's XENSIV™ TLI4971 is a high-precision miniature coreless magnetic current sensor for AC and DC measurements with an analog interface and dual fast overcurrent detection outputs.
Infineon's well-established and robust Hall technology enables accurate and highly linear measurement of currents with a full measurement range up to ±120 A. All negative effects (saturation, hysteresis) commonly known from sensors using flux concentration techniques are avoided. The current sensor is equipped with an internal self-diagnostic feature.
The digitally assisted analog concept of TLI4971 offers superior stability over temperature and lifetime thanks to the proprietary digital stress and temperature compensation. The differential measurement principle allows for great stray field suppression for operation in harsh environments. There are two options available with a 120 A measurement range: a UL certified version, and non-certified.
- Integrated current rail with typical 225 µΩ insertion resistance enables ultra-low power loss
- 8 mm x 8 mm SMD package with small form factor for easy integration and board area savings
- Single supply voltage: 3.1 V to 3.5 V
- Highly accurate, scalable DC and AC current sensing
- Bandwidth greater than 120 kHz enables a wide range of applications
- Very low sensitivity error over temperature (maximum 2.5%)
- Excellent stability of offset over temperature and lifetime
- High robustness to voltage slew rates up to 10 V/ns
- Galvanic functional isolation up to 1150 V peak VIORM with partial discharge capability of at least 1200 V and 4 mm creepage and clearance
- Differential sensor principle ensures superior magnetic stray field suppression
- Two independent fast overcurrent detection (OCD) pins with configurable thresholds enable protection mechanisms for power circuitry (typical 0.7 µs)
- Precalibrated sensor
- Temperature storage: -40°C to +105°C
- Electrical drives up to 690 V
- Photovoltaic inverters
- General purpose inverters
- Overload and overcurrent detection
- Current monitoring
- Power supplies