Left-Right-Total Tension Indicator - TriView™
Featured Product from Dover Flexo Electronics, Inc.
TriView™ (Model Ti31) Left-Right-Total Tension Indicator
The TriView Left-Right-Total tension indicator (model Ti31) displays web tension on a large, bright LCD touch screen. Total tension is continuously displayed digitally and on a simulated analog scale readout.
By tapping the touch screen a machine operator can select either left and right tension readings below the main screen, or a balance indication showing the deviation between Left and Right edges of the connected web tension transducer roll. This makes it possible for the machine operator to equalize the tension at the roll edges by means of appropriate manual or automatic adjustments to the machine.
The TriView works with a Tension Roll® transducer or a pair of standard DFE tension transducers to measure web tension. The shaft-end transducers are mounted one on each end of a dead or live shaft idler roll. The output signal from the transducers is amplified by the TriView Indicator and displayed on a large simulated meter which is calibrated to read actual tension. The voltage output, proportional to tension, can be used simultaneously from each channel with a recorder, computer or automatic control system. No risk. The TriView LRT is covered by DFE's 5 year warranty.
Tension Indicator Benefits
- Displays actual web tension at both sides of the web to permit equalization side to side. Also displays total tension. No guesswork.
- Can be interfaced with control systems for automatic control of tension via three isolated outputs, each output having 0-10VDC and 4-20mA out. Normally only the Total is used for tension control.
- Enables the machine operator to determine proper tension for any web and consistently reproduce that tension any time that job is run.
- Tension Limit Switch settings are built in and can trigger external alarms via 2 solid state relays: one for TLS Low and one for TLS High. Feature can be deactivated to eliminate false alarms when not required.
- Setups can be strored and called up by name enabling the machine operator to determine the proper tension for any web while consistently reproducing that tension whenever that job is run.
Tension Indicator Features
- 24 VDC or Optional 100-240 VAC power input
- QuickCal Zero and Calibration
- Choice of Panel Mount OR NEMA 1 wall-mounted steel enclosure
- Green Power-on LED
- 5-inch Touch Screen with tension meter and menu driven choice of scale
- Independent 0-10Vdc and 4-20mA outputs proportional to left, right, and total tension
- Touch screen to allow selection of alternate displays and other menu-selectable settings
- Programmable registers for up to 5 selectable setups
DFE is the natural choice of process and maintenance engineers for upgrading existing machinery with modern, efficient tension control. OEMs and machinery builders choose DFE to incorporate the most reliable, cost-effective tension controls into their machine designs. Consistent quality, product reliability and superior technical support translate into low cost of ownership for all our customers.
Are you measuring process tension on web or flexible substrate?
Need help selecting equipment for your application?
Our products are used in unwind, rewind, and intermediate applications for any moving continuous material which undergoes an operation such as printing, coating, laminating, treating, metallizing, rewinding, unwinding, slitting, coating or other processes. Tension measurement and control systems for flexible packaging and paper, film and foil converting are our specialty.
We have over 84,000 tension transducers installed in manufacturing facilities everywhere. DFE transducers (sometimes referred to as 'load cells') are the industry standard for direct tension sensing and measurement. We are a recognized leader in tension technology.