Efficient Automation for Horizontal Machine Doors
Featured Product from Dynatect Manufacturing, Inc.
Safe Machine Door Actuator (SMDA)
Safe, Fast and Efficient Automation for Horizontal Machine Doors
Automating machine door operation is important for the protection of workers and expensive equipment. The SMDA line offers a complete end-to-end solution with a maintenance-free direct drive motor, a compact controller and intelligent operating software. The drive, which is based on proven technology for pedestrian passages, is fitted with a protective function that triggers an immediate change of direction if an obstacle is encountered. SMDA ensures that the force and permissible kinetic energy are compliant with EN 12453, and EN 14120 is safely maintained.
- Immediately changes direction when the door encounters an obstacle
- Integrated safety: Safe force and speed limits for horizontal doors weighing up to 1,650 lbs (750 kg)
- TÜV certified (N-13849-1 PLD) iMotion® technology for personnel access
- Tested Safety: Compliant with EU Machine Directive 2006/42/EC
- Space-saving design and low voltage operation
- Easy commissioning with SMDTuner Intelligent Operating Software
- Maximize tact time with rapid opening and closing
- Maintenance free
Typical areas of application:
Automating machine door operation can make your machines more efficient and easier to use, but they can also bear some risk. The system helps to minimize risk for operator and machine and prevent irreversible damage.
- Machine tools (lathing, milling, grinding etc.)
- Die casting machines
- General production machines
Why Automate Horizontal Machine Doors?
The use of automatic door drives in modern machines has increased in recent years. The trend towards automating every possible machine function also includes opening and closing the doors of protective machine hoods. Loading and unloading machines represents a particular source of danger for both the operating personnel and expensive loading robots.
These protective machine door actuators include the technology for implementing a safe force and speed limit for horizontal doors with door weights up to 750 kg and more. This enables safe compliance with the approved forces without requiring additional safety elements such as light barriers or two-handed operation. The drive is fitted with a protective function which triggers an immediate change of direction to prevent irreversible damage if an obstacle is encountered.
The intelligent operating software – SMDTuner – assures efficient commissioning of the drive. Thanks to the integrated AutoTuning, there is virtually no need to perform settings during commissioning. The system is powered by 115/230VAC, features galvanically isolated 24VDC I/O, and has an opto-isolated interface to the machine PLC. The SMDA drives continue to offer valuable support for implementing safe and reliable automated protective doors.
Dynatect (formerly A&A Manufacturing) delivers custom motion and protection for machines with deep application knowledge, diverse product offering, and a customer responsive sales philosophy. Dynatect provides engineering and manufacturing for custom applications which improve human-machine safety and machine uptime. We continue to build our customer experience through improving service differentiation, expanding product portfolio, and reducing lead times.
DYNAMIC PROTECTION = DYNATECT
The name comes from the words 'dynamic' and 'protection' because it is the accumulation of over 70 years of experience producing flexible protection for equipment in motion.
Dynatect Advantages & Capabilities
- Broad network of 50+ local factory-trained representatives offer onsite support, technical advice and recommendations
- Speak directly to application specialists to receive upfront design assistance
- Fast delivery of customized products, from concept to application
- We will design and manufacture a turnkey engineered assembly (and one-time projects are not a problem!)
- Access to new solutions for your industry, thanks to our active product research and development programs
- Access to a broad range of materials including metal, engineered plastics, elastomers, and over 120 specialty textiles
- Dynatect has the largest portfolio of protective covers, and is the only North American manufacturer of both plastic and metallic cable carriers
- We can meet your needs from standard offerings to custom-engineered products configured around your application
- Regular repeat orders? Dynatect has kanban and JIT programs to ensure reliable delivery with minimal inventory
- Laser and waterjet cutting
- Horizontal and vertical machining
- Precision grinding
- Precision bending
- Thermoset extruding
- Automotive-grade painting
- Welding (metal and thermoplastics)
- Spring winding
- Assembly and finishing (buffing, painting, plating)
- Custom molding of plastics (injection, compression, transfer, RIM, hot cast)
- Ball screw and metal way cover repair and refurbishment
Design and Engineering
- 2D and 3D design from engineering, to approval, to manufacturing
- Automated CAD-to-CAM processes
- R&D, design, and reverse engineering
- Leading-edge testing capabilities
- Free web conferencing service to quickly assemble a design team to facilitate engineered solutions