Faster than a Speeding Bullet
Service Detail from E-Labs, Inc.
E-Labs has an extensive background in the development and testing of Less Than Lethal (LTL) devices. We were the first to develop a measuring system to capture blunt force or impulse of a round in real time. The Ballistic Impulse Measuring System (BIMS) developed by E-Labs was used on USMC programs to evaluate LTL rounds and compare impulses on a one to one basis.
We have a full service quality assurance testing facility and can set up ammunition evaluation and testing protocols for most measurements required on a test range. We are also able to gather relevant data using state-of-the-art technology. Some of our tests include:
- Velocity measurement.
- Trajectory verification.
- Distance Verification.
- OC spray performance characterization.
- Fragmentation mapping - For fragmentation mapping, a paper and foamboard fragmentation arena is set up with fixturing and witness panels. Witness mapping is done by measuring the surrounding boundary of lightweight witness material that registers the impact of fragments generated by a less than lethal noise flash diversionary device. The number of fragment impacts greater than a specific measurement are counted, and segregated by perforation through the foamboard or paper.
- High speed camera to 8,000 frames per second.
- Light output phototropic.
- Light plume size.
- Sound output - Industrial and military standards exist for evaluating the measured impulse noise of a weapon or less than lethal noise flash diversionary device. Parameters have been established to evaluate the need of hearing protection from impulse, transient sound waves. These shock pressure waves are measured using piezo-electric pressure transducers and the reading is converted into decibel sound measurements.
- Fire susceptibility.
- 12 gauge and 40 mm projectile characterization.
- Flash bang and diversionary characterization.
We use a custom high-speed data acquisition system to control several of our tests. The system consists of 16 channels of analog to digital recording capable of sampling rates of 100,000 points per second. The data acquisition system uses a UNIX based operating system with custom test and analysis software. It is capable of remotely controlling all tests, from initiation to camera sequencing, and recording of light and pressure detector signals
Watch>>E-Labs on TV
Take the>> E-Labs Photo Tour
Need Testing done to a specific standard? View our list of: Military and Commercial Testing Specifications and Standards.
E-Labs is a Full Service Testing Laboratory that offers our customers access to our state of the art facilities and knowledgeable personnel. Our personnel have over 70 years combined laboratory experience with disciplines for aerospace, automotive, military, commercial, utility, electronics and IT industries.
At E-Labs, we perform Climatic Testing for issues such as Temperature, Humidity, Salt Fog, Sand and Dust, Immersion Testing and more. We also offer full EMI and EMC Testing, andDynamics Testing such as Mechanical Shock, Lightweight Hammer Shock, Transportation, and Vibration Testing. Special testing such as explosive atmosphere, high pressure, high vacuum, Helium leak detection and fungus are also performed at our facility.
E-Labs offers simulation services from cradle to grave, from concept to analysis, test planning, fixture design and fabrication consulting to testing in the lab. We can help develop Qualification, Acceptance and Reliability test plans for your product as well. E-labs has two facilities with a combined floor space of over 30 thousand square feet with the ability to remotely perform hazardous testing among others.
With our capabilities, we can help you determine the durability and life expectancy of your product. Whether it be a sub-component or finished product, we can help determine if it meets your expectations, or where improvements can be made. Whether you want to compare your product to the competition, or try out a new concept, we can help.
Contact E-Labs now to find out how we can assist you with your testing needs.