Basic Rules for Selecting and Handling of Bearings
Featured Product from EZO SPB-USA, LLC
NOTES ON SELECTING
- The efficiency of thin type bearings can be greatly affected by the precision of shaft and housing seats. The accuracy of the surrounding structure must be such that it will not adversely affect the operation of the bearing. If you have any questions, in particular regarding series 670 and 680, please contact us.
- In applications with steel crown type cages ( w type), where high acceleration, heavy loads, shock loads or vertical shafts occur or where oil is the only lubricant available, please contact us.
- Selection of fitting clearance and grease type requires a careful consideration of rotating speed, load conditions and temperature in order to prevent premature bearing failure.
- Full complement ball bearings are suitable for low speed and heavy radial load conditions. There is a danger of balls being pushed out of the bearing through the filling slot, even under light axial load. For this reason, full complement ball bearings are not suitable for supporting axial loads.
NOTES ON HANDLING
- The actual assembly area should be kept free from dust as any contamination has a detrimental effect on the operation and life of rolling bearings. If there is any doubt concerning the cleanliness of a bearing, it can be washed with a suitable agent and then relubricated.
- When fitting bearings, the fitting forces must not be transmitted via the rolling elements. If it is necessary to heat the bearing to facilitate fitting, the temperature should not exceed +120.
- After assembly, the bearing should be rotated to check its correct operation. If the bearing does not appear to be functioning correctly, it should be re-examined to establish the cause of the malfunction.
- It is not advisable to mix oils and greases as this will affect the efficiency of the bearing.
- Bearings must be stored in a clean environment with stable temperature. They should be handled with care to avoid the possibility of corrosion and rusting.
- Lint-free cloth must be used to wipe shaft and housing seats to avoid the ingress of contaminants into the bearing.
- Bearing Numbering System
- Design & Characteristics of Radial Ball Bearings
- Bearing Material
- Type & Characteristics of Cages, Shields and Seals
- Tolerance, Class, Chamfer Dimension of Bearings
- Life & Load Rating
- Fitting of Bearings
- Internal Clearance
- Maximum Permissible Bearing Speed
- Frictional Torque & Temperature
- Basic Rules for Selecting and Handling of Bearings
- Problem, Cause, Remedy
- Damage, Cause, Remedy
EZO Ball Bearings... You Can See The Difference
SPB-USA, LLC is the factory-direct sales and marketing headquarters in the United States for Sapporo Precision, Inc., the Japanese based manufacturer of EZO Precision Ball Bearings, located in Sarasota, FL. This new facility enables Sapporo to serve the needs of OEM customers, as well as industrial distributors throughout North and South America.
Since 1969, Sapporo Precision, Inc. has been the recognized as a world leader in the manufacture of precision miniature and medium-sized bearings in inch and metric dimensions, as well as chrome steel and stainless steel.
EZO bearings are most sought after for use in applications such as; medical devices, aerospace products, power tools, machine tools, auxiliary power supplies, blowers, actuators, gyros, generators, vacuum pumps, food processing, robotics, x-ray machines, dental drills, centerfuges, paristaltic pumps, slot cars, atvs, linear motion devices, yoyo bearings, go carts, fishing reels, snow mobiles, dental products, AC/DC motors, automotive, marine applications, rotary encoders and semi conductor manufacturing equipment.
Our sizes range from a very small .06mm bore diameter to the larger size 90mm bore diameter with a variety of closures and lubrications that stand up to the most demanding applications.