Custom square or rectangular tubing
Featured Product from Eagle Stainless Tube & Fabrication, Inc.
At Eagle Stainless, we’re ready to custom-fabricate the ideal square or rectangular tubing for your unique application! Simply request a quote detailing your requirements, and Eagle Stainless can create the specific square or rectangular tubing you need. As an industry authority in ultra-high precision, cut-to-length, and fabricated metal products, Eagle Stainless has an unmatched selection of pipe and tube, but unlike many of our other product options, we do not stock square and rectangular tubing varieties. When you request a quote for square or rectangular tubing, simply specify the details of your ideal end product, including alloy, length, and wall thickness, then include notes about your unique needs or application details.
Unsure about what custom square or rectangular tubing will suit your needs? Feel free to contact Eagle Stainless and we’ll be happy to chat about the details and customize the perfect square or rectangular tubing for your application.
Discover the Benefits of Stainless Steel
The many unique benefits of stainless steel make it a powerful candidate in materials selection. Engineers, specifiers and designers often underestimate or overlook these values because of what is viewed as the higher initial cost of stainless steel. However, over the total life of a project, stainless is often the best value option.
What is Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel is essentially a low carbon steel which contains chromium at 10% or more by weight. It is the addition of chromium that gives the steel its unique stainless, corrosion resisting properties. The chromium content of the steel allows the formation of a tough, adherent, invisible, corrosion-resisting chromium oxide film on the steel surface. If damaged mechanically or chemically, this film is self-healing, provided that oxygen, even in very small amounts, is present. The corrosion resistance and other useful properties of the steel are enhanced by increased chromium content and the addition of other elements such as molybdenum, nickel and nitrogen. There are more than 60 grades of stainless steel. However, the entire group can be divided into four classes. Each is identified by the alloying elements which affect their microstructure and for which each is named.
Grades and Applications of Stainless Steel
- 400 Series Martensitic – Typical grade: 410 Straight chromium (12 – 18%); magnetic and can be hardened by heat treatment. Typical use: Fasteners, pump shafts.
- 400 Series Ferritic – Typical grade: 430 Straight chromium (12 – 18%); low carbon, magnetic, but not heat treatable. Typical use: Appliance trim, cooking utensils.
- 300 Series Austenitic – Typical grade: 304 Chromium (17 – 25%), Nickel (8 – 25%); nonmagnetic, not heat treatable. Can develop high strength by cold working. Additions of molybdenum (up to 7%) can increase the corrosion resistance. Typical use: Food equipment, chemical equipment, architectural applications.
- Precipitation Hardening – Typical grade: 17-4 Chromium (12 – 28%), Nickel (4 – 7%); martensitic or austenitic. Develop strength by precipitation harden reaction during heat treatment. Typical use: valves, gears, petrochemical equipment.
To download a PDF version please see here.
The Many Benefits of Stainless Steel
- Corrosion Resistance – Chromium is the alloying element that imparts to Stainless Steel their corrosion resistant qualities. Lower alloyed grades resist corrosion in atmospheric and pure water environments; high-alloyed grades can resist corrosion in most acids, alkaline solutions, and chlorine bearing environments making their properties useful in process plants.
- Fire and Heat Resistance – Special high chromium and nickel-alloyed grades resist scaling and retain high strength at high temperatures. Stainless Steel is used extensively in heat exchangers, super-heaters, boilers, feed water heaters, valves, and main stream lines as well as aircraft and aerospace applications.
- Hygiene – Cleanliness is a matter of high importance. The easy cleaning ability of stainless makes it the first choice for strict hygiene conditions, such as hospitals, kitchens and food processing plants.
- Aesthetic Appearance – The bright easily maintained surface of stainless steel provides a modern and attractive appearance.
- Strength-to-Weight Advantage – The work hardening property of austenitic grades, that results in a significant strengthening of the material from cold working alone, and the high strength duplex grades, allow reduced material thickness over conventional grades yielding considerable cost savings.
- Ease of Fabrication – Modern steel-making techniques mean that stainless can be cut welded, bent, formed, machined, assembled and fabricated as readily as traditional steels.
- Impact Resistance – The austenitic microstructure of the 300 series provides high toughness at elevated temperatures ranging far below freezing, making these steels particularly suited to cryogenic applications.
- Long-Term Value – In considering total cost, it is appropriate to consider material and production cost AND the life cycle cost. When the total life cycle costs are considered, stainless is often the least expensive material option. The cost saving benefit of a maintenance free product having a long life expectancy.
- 100 % Recyclable – Over 50% of new stainless comes from old remelted stainless steel scrap, thereby completing the full life cycle.
DOWNLOAD OUR CATALOG
Your Primary Source for Stainless Steel Products
Download or request a hard copy of our updated design and manufacturing guidebook, offering valuable technical information to help you select the proper size and material composition for your unique needs. As a top stainless steel tube manufacturer we offer machining, welding, cutting, assemblies and bending while meeting or exceeding GMP and ASTM standards.
Watch>>Eagle Stainless Overview
For an overview of our fabrication services please see this pdf download.
Custom Tubing Designed for Your Needs
Making a difference in your design… from simple tubing to complex designs.
At Eagle, there’s nothing more important than producing a customized solution which exceeds our clients’ expectations and satisfies the unique specifications of their application. Our expertise with stainless steel custom tubing gives us the ability to help you design the product that will fit your project.
Complex designs need more than just stainless steel custom tubing. Secondary operations such as cutting to precision lengths, CNC and EDM machining, laser welding, bending, and precision grinding can transform a simple tube into just the part you need for your design.
We welcome the opportunity to share our expertise in developing product concepts and helping you solve your engineering problems. With decades of experience in the metals industry, you can count on Eagle as a resource for designing and fabricating your metal products.
Eagle Stainless Tube & Fabrication Inc.
Eagle Stainless Tube & Fabrication Inc.supplies stainless steel tubing to the medical, aerospace and high tech industries. Stainless steel, nickel alloys, aluminum, and titanium.
- Cut to length
- Precision machining
- Laser cutting & welding bending
- Electro-polishing and passivation.
- Re-draw to specialty & millimeter sizes in both round, square and rectangular.
- Grinding to precision tolerances