Shielded Conduit for Military Applications
Featured Product from Electri-Flex Company
Shield-Flex, by Electri-Flex Company, represents a line of three shielded conduits, SLA, EMS and EMCS, and is designed to protect sensitive electronic circuits from electromagnetic and radio frequency interference (EMI/RFI). Use it to protect sensitive electronic circuits from outside noise in such applications as communications, radar and data transmission.But shielded conduit doesn’t just keep interference out; it also keeps emissions in, which is vital to meeting European CE standards – an important issue for OEMs. Additionally, shielding conduits provide a redundant EMI/RFI system protection when using shielded cables with EMI/RFI shielded enclosures.
Shield-Flex shields sensitive equipment and circuits from EMI/RFI emissions; both ingress and egress. Connector assemblies include a grounding ferrule that contacts the conduit’s internal metallic material with the connector body, producing a direct shield-to-drain (ground) simply by tightening the connector. Its flexibility and simple assembly means it takes less time to install. It uses off-the-shelf (OTS) connectors that are less expensive than high-end, mil spec shielded conduit that require costly custom fittings.
Shield-Flex is ideal for the following Applications and Markets:
- Air Handling Equipment (HVAC)
- CE – European EMI Requirements
- Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) (CAGE Code: 09641)
- Data Centers
- Radio Broadband/Antenna
- Ship Building
- Solar/Wind Energy
- Test & Measurement Equipment
- Variable Speed Drives
- Wireless Communications
Additional Military Applications:
- Where TEMPEST, MIL STD 461E, CE, or UL standards require a low amount of electromagnetic emission from the device and or project.
- Military Radios and communications equipment
- Military Shelters
- Navy and Commercial vessels
- Military Ground Vehicles
With three levels of effectiveness to choose from, Shield-Flex can meet your needs. All versions can be manufactured with halogen-free jacketing material, using a HF prefix.
· Good Shielding: Type SLA®, UL Listed, is a flexible steel conduit with a galvanized steel core, over which a tinned copper shielding braid is applied. The outer jacket is flexible PVC with a temperature rating of -30°C to 80°C Dry/60°C Wet/70°C Oil while the braid offers a minimum of 90% shielding coverage.
· Better Shielding: Type EMS® offers a better shielding effectiveness than Type SLA with a temperature rating of -55° C to 105° C. EMS features a flexible core constructed of a helically wound, fully interlocked strip of bronze. An all-temperature PVC jacket is extruded over the core, resulting in a sealed, waterproof raceway when assembled with liquidtight fittings.
· BEST Shielding: Type EMCS® is a hybrid of SLA and EMS because it utilizes the same bronze core and PVC jacket as EMS but gets further screening protection from a tinned copper braid as found in the SLA product. Type EMCS offers the same working temperatures as EMS.
To receive more information on Electri-Flex' line of Shielding Conduits, download the Shield-Flex Catalog, or email Marketing at email@example.com.