Silicon Photomultipliers - Low Level VIS Sensors
Featured Product from Electro Optical Components, Inc.
Silicon Photomultipliers (SiPMs) are novel solid-state silicon detectors with single photon counting capability. SiPMs excel in many applications and feature high gain with very low temperature drift, extremely good timing performance at a low operating voltage. They are also insensitive to magnetic fields and stand out with their mechanical robustness. KETEK provides cost-effective solutions from high volume applications to customized detector solutions.
SiPM (Silicon Photomultiplier) features include:
- Single photon resolution
- High photon detection efficiency
- High gain and high signal to noise ratio
- Superior time resolution
- Counting and CW measurements
- Medical Imaging
- Biophotonics & Life Sciences
- High Energy & Astro Physics
- Lidar & 3D Ranging (Optical Measurements)
- Hazard & Threat Detection (Homeland Security)
- Sorting & Recycling
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET Scanners)
SiPMs combine the benefits of vacuum PMTs (high photon detection efficiency, gain and signal-to-noise) with the benefits of APDs (robustness, miniaturized design, low operation voltage, cost-effective and magnetic insensitivity) to an outstanding low level light sensor with an exceptional performance at low cost.