Faceplate Mounted RJ45 Cat5e Online/Offline Switch
Featured Product from Electro Standards Laboratories
- Allows quick disconnect from network when not in use, providing ultimate security.
- Blocks out intruders.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) RJ45 Cat5e female connectors labeled A and COM.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Rotary switch on front panel selects ONLINE or OFFLINE.
- POWER & DISPLAY:
- Requires no power to operate the manual rotary switch.
- Has (1) blue LED to further indicate ONLINE position, but requires customer supplied 12 VDC power.
- Phoenix Connector Kit provided (P/N 518221)
- DIMENSIONS: Double Gang Wall Box:
4.56" W x 4.5" H x 2" D. (11.6 x 11.5 x 5.1 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 0.3 lbs. (0.2 kg)
CAT5e ONLINE/OFFLINE APPLICATION w/BLUE LED (12 VDC Power): The drawing illustrates a computer connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to a Data Network connected to the RJ45 port A. The computer and Data Network can be disconnected in the OFFLINE position. A customer supplied 12 VDC power connected to the Phoenix connector provides power for the BLUE LED. Model 7181 ONLINE / OFFLINE connection does not need any power from the Phoenix connector, only the BLUE LED which indicates ONLINE or OFFINE position.
- Completely isolates the COMMON device from the data network when in OFFLINE position.
- The switch ports are transparent to data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via a break-before-make rotary switch.
- No power required for switching operation.
- Blue LED indicates the ONLINE position when power (12 VDC) is supplied to the unit.
- Faceplate mounting allows easy installation in double gang wall boxes.
- Certified for Cat 5e compliance.
- Supports PoE IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at applications passing through A and COM ports.
- Custom length Cat5e cables available for your switch installation. Get better performance!
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
- For a similar switch with 3.3 VDC powered LED, see Model 7191, Cat. No. 307191.