LC Duplex 3-Channel A/B/Offline Fiber Switch
Featured Product from Electro Standards Laboratories
QuickSwitch® 6214 Tri-Channel LC Duplex Fiber Optic A/B/OFFLINE Switch with Contact Closure Remote
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) LC Duplex Fiber Optic connectors on rear panel (A group of (3) labeled A, B, and COMMON for each of the 3 channels.)
- FIBER: 50/125 micron, 850 nm.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (3) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (6) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure switch commands for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19" W x 1.75" H x 10.67" D. (48.3 x 4.9 x 27.2 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg)
The QuickSwitch® 6214 Tri-Channel LC Duplex A/B/Offline Switch with Contact Control Remote allows a device connected to the “COM” port access to the “A” or “B” port for each of its three channels. Alternately, the unit can be switched to its OFFLINE position and totally isolate connection to the “A” and “B” ports. The QuickSwitch® 6214 fits in a standard 19” rack, taking 1U of rack space.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED’s.
- Each of three channels allows quick connection to any one of two LC Duplex devices from one COMMON port.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology and supports Gigabit data rates.
- When power is lost, all channels revert to the Offline position.
- When power is restored, all channels remain in the Offline position until commanded otherwise.
- “OFFLINE” switch position stops any any all data throughput for the unit.
- Local control via front panel pushbuttons.
- Individual control of each channel.
- The Remote port accepts dry contact closure commands for switch position.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- All fiber ports are LC Duplex, Multi-mode, 50/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, LC duplex fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.