Model 7236 8-Chan'l RJ45 A/B Switch, Remote Access
Featured Product from Electro Standards Laboratories
Model 7236 8-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with Remote Access
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON for each of the channels.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data or contact closure for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.0" D. (48.3 x 4.9 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 6.3 lbs. (2.9 kg)
MODEL 7236 BASE SWITCH FEATURES:
- Each channel allows access to two RJ45 networks from one COMMON network or device.
- All 8 pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via a break-before-make electromechanical relay.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- The REMOTE port accepts RS232 Serial Data ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow control of the switch position.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Retains last switch position in the event of power loss and continues to pass data.
- Model 7238 ( Cat No 306238) has all the same features as the Model 7236, but is expandable to 16 channels.
- For a 16 Channel version of this switch, see "Related Products" Model 7238
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product on GSA Schedule!
The Pathway® Model 7236 is controlled locally via front-panel pushbutton, or remotely via DB9 REMOTE port located on the rear panel.
For an equivalent unit, but also having Ethernet Remote Port, IP Addressable (with GUI), see "Related Product" Model 7236E, Cat N0 306236E.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat No. 517277):
CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module 100VAC/240VAC 50/60 Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications. (click the above link or Accessories tab to view more info).
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements.Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form.
Pathway® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
All ESL products are availabe for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de données, interruptor de datos, dati interruttore, Przelacznik danych, comutador de dados.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to:
Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.