A low cost, multi-component gas mixing system
Featured Product from Environics, Inc.
The Environics® Series 4000 is a multi-component gas mixing system that automatically mixes up to three individual gases in a balance gas. The gas mixes can be used in generating precise gas calibration standards, creating gaseous atmospheres or producing gas mixes for analytical research or production purposes. The Series 4000 can produce gas concentrations from percent to ppb levels for single or multi-point calibration.
The system consists of two components: the Series 4000 instrument and the user's personal computer. The user interface is a Microsoft® Windows application that communicates with the Environics system via a USB.
The Series 4000 consists of a single chassis supporting up to four mass flow controllers. The mass flow controllers are factory calibrated using a primary flow standard traceable to the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Each flow controller utilizes an 11 point calibration table with linear interpolation, to increase accuracy and reduce flow controller nonlinearity.
Product Features and Benefits
- Simultaneously mixes up to seven gases in a balance gas at user set concentrations.
- Allows multi-point calibration of analyzers.
- Automatic calculation of dilution and span gas flows.
- Internally-stored Mass Flow Controller calibration tables .
- Modular design allows for additional gas circuits to be added.
- User definable cylinder library allows for easy selection of frequently used gas cylinders. Each cylinder may contain an unlimited number of component gases, with automatic K-factor calculation.
The Series 4000 has three basic modes of operation.
- Allows user to create a blend by entering target gas concentrations for each source gas cylinder, and the desired total output flow for the mix. Flow Mode
- Allows user to specify the flow rate of each gas cylinder. Program/Schedule Modes
- Provides the ability to program the instrument for unattended operation. Programs can be recalled and run in any sequence, at various times/dates. Options
- Additional input ports
- Additional MFC's (up to 8)
Concentration: ± 1.0% setpoint
Flow: ± 1.0% setpoint
Flow Repeatability: 0.05%
Warm up time: 30 minutes
* Performance specifications are valid when all Mass Flow Controllers are operating between 10% and 100% of full scale flow. Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a Reference Temperature of 0°C (32°F) and a Reference Pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg).
Gas connections: 1/4" Swagelok (or compatible fitting)
Operating Pressures (flow dependent)
Minimum: 10 psig (0.67 Bar)
Recommended: 25 psig (1.68 Bar)
Maximum: 75 psig (5.04 Bar)
Tubing: Electropolished 316 Stainless Steel
MFCs: Stainless Steel
(Optional: Kalrez®, Buna-N, Neoprene, Metal)
32° - 104° F (0° - 40° C)
15° - 35° F
Dimensions (w x h x d)
Portable: 17" x 7" x 15"
(43.18 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
Rack: 19" x 7" x 15"
(48.26 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz; 24V now available
12 Bit A/D and D/A Conversion
Environics Instrument Control Software (supplied on CD-ROM or downloaded)
Viton® and Kalrez® are registered trademarks of Dupont Dow Elastomers