High End shielded enclosures
Featured Product from Equipto Electronics Corporation
EEC's R6 enclosure has the highest EMI/RFI protection available.
The US National Defense Authorization Bill H.R 1540 now passed the house and the senate. The bill requires our nation's Defense and infrastructure to sustain an EMP attack both natural and man-made. The threats that the bill mainly focuses on are the following
- EMP weapons: These weapons on a large scale could have a catastrophic effect such as damaging the power systems, electronics and information systems that make up our nation's infrastructure. On a smaller directional scale, the weapons can damage surveillance systems, industrial production lines and automotive electronics.
- Solar storms: Geomagnetic storms could damage large transformers hence resulting in a black-out for almost a year. They also have a devastating effect on the electronics that are crucial for the infrastructure of our country.
Equipto's new R6 shielded enclosure line offers the highest level of protection to your electronics both from Electromagnetic Pulse and Electromagnetic Radiation effects. The R6's cost-effective design is compact and mobile while providing Shielding Effectiveness comparable to an anechoic chamber.
The following are some of the applications where R6 is currently being used
- Department of State: R6 offers US embassies protection against espionage and possible Directed EMP weapons.
- Telemetry: Used in harsh environments such as the Atacama Desert, the R6 provides protection against Electromagnetic fields generated by large telescopes.
- Nuclear Research Labs: R6 does not use Beryllium in any of the gaskets and hence is safe to use in nuclear facilities or test laboratories.
- Gas Turbine Plants: Flexible design of the R6 allows incorporation of complicated cooling and cable routing requirements, while providing protection against Electromagnetic Interference.
R6 is also tested and certified by an independent testing lab to the most stringent Military and Commercial standards.
- Department of Defense, NSA 94-106 (complete test report available upon request)
- Commercial, IEEE-299-2006 (Results summary below, report available upon request)
- Cabinet custom sized to your requirements
- Choice of front, rear or front and rear doors, panels or combination
- Four-point door lock system is easily operated
- Line filters/wave guides to meet your needs
- Field replaceable door gasketing
- Proprietary honeycomb air filter in choice of .5", .625" and 1" depths
- Fiber wave guide(s) as needed
- Adjustable mounting rails inside (punched, threaded or square hole)
- Choice of Equipto Electronics' standard supports or Unistrut
- Wide selection of accessories
- Custom cooling to meet your needs
- RoHS compliant
Packaging Solutions for Electronics - ISO 9001:2008 Certified & RoHS compliant
Equipto Electronics Corp is a premier provider of packaging solutions for (COTS) electronics including packaging for Communications, Data and Power. We provide electronics racks to meet earthquake, EMI/RFI, FCC, Military (MIL-STD-167, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810 & MIL-STD-901) Tempest (NSA 94-106), EMP and European EMC requirements.
Equipto is able to manufacture to meet your spec or customize any of our standard products to meet your needs (MOTS). Quantities small or large are not a problem. Our products are RoHS compliant. We are ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Equipto Electronics is now 8(a) qualified by the Small Business Administration.
We can create your NEMA enclosure from your drawings, rough sketches and even conversations. With virtually unlimited options your enclosure will be a great match for the technology it will be protecting. Our engineers will be with you every step of the way, from prototype to production. If you are not sure what level of protection you need, or what level of mechanical strength and corrosion resistance, our experts can help. With budgets being tight, it is just as important to avoid buying more than you need as it is to underrate your specs. Guessing about required specifications can be costly.
Product Features / Sampling of Options Available
- 14, 16 or 18 gauge carbon steel, Galvanized steel, Stainless steel or Anodized aluminum
- Wet or powder paint in any color you require
- Silk screen labeling, logos or both
- Wiremanagement features
- EMI/RFI shielding
No other enclosure manufacturer has greater experience in military and other high-reliability applications as Equipto Electronics. We leverage that experience and our quality-build practices in our commercial-grade enclosures. That is particularly important if you want the assurance of knowing that your Equipto NEMA enclosure will continue to perform like new for many years to come.