Isolated system for testing wireless devices
Featured Product from Equipto Electronics Corporation
Multi-Unit Testbed (MUT)
For Emulating RF Environments
The first compact, modular, isolated system for testing wireless devices without an anechonic chamber.
Companies involved in designing and building products and systems for wireless protocols are all too familiar with the problem of economically testing their electronics in a repeatable RF environment. Open air testing is time consuming and unreliable. Repeat visits to third-party test facilities can cause scheduling delays and high costs.
With the Multi-Unit Testbed, manufacturers of wireless products for 5g cellular networks and handsets, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee ad other wireless protocols can lower test costs by as much as 90%, vs. third-party testing. Other applications include: robotics, tele-medicine, military communications and drones.
This “MUT” is a thoroughbred!
The MUT is based on the proven technology of Equipto enclosures that exceed the requirements of the toughest TEMPEST MIL standards, and have already been approved by one the world’s largest communications companies.
- Controllable wireless testbed emulates RF environments
- Compact, modular design adapts to test requirements
- Completely blocks outside signals and isolates internal tests
- Eliminates time consuming open-air testing
- Custom-sized and configured to individual requirements
- 120dB shielding up to 6 GHz, 100dB deep into the microwave range
- Provides the confidence you need for certification success
Take RF performance testing in-house with the Equipto Multi-Unit Testbed.Added Features and Options
- Configured to match your product and instrumentation requirements
- Choice of front, rear or front ad rear doors, panels or combination
- Choose any combination of inside containment areas
- Four-point door lock system is easily operated
- RF blocked power distribution systems
- Line filters/wave guides to meet your needs
- Field replaceable door gasketing
- Proprietary honeycomb air filter pass air; block RF
- Custom cooling to meet for a stable temperature environment
- Fiber wave guide(s) as needed
- Adjustable mounting rails inside (punched, threaded or square hole)
- Choice of Equipto Electronics’ Standard Supports or Unistrut
Equipto Electronics Corporation
Equipto Electronics Corporation is a leading manufacturer of packaging products for the electronics industry. We design and manufacture a wide variety of standard equipment enclosures, from full-size cabinets to sub-racks, at our facility in Aurora, Illinois. Special customer needs are fulfilled by modifications to standard designs or by custom enclosures. As a diverse metal fabricator we have standard product lines, each consisting of multiple variations and accessories, based on the EIA RS-310 standard (often referred to as the 19 inch standard). Many of these products are covered by the company’s numerous patents.
Since the company's founding in 1960, our electronic packaging products have been modular in design. This modularity extends well beyond the EIA RS-310 ( 19" ) standard for maximum user flexibility. For example, equipment can be moved from a vertical rack to a sloped front console, work station or instrument cabinet without modification. By adding shelves, drawers, turrets, casters, lift bolts, standard or special panels, outlet strips, fans, blowers, an almost endless list of accessories and other options, our customers can usually create the perfect electronic enclosure out of a catalog of standard products. This saves time and money over a custom packaging solution. Many projects can be manufactured and shipped by Equipto Electronics in just five working days.
In addition, our experienced engineering staff works directly with customers to specify and design enclosures for special situations. Because of the flexibility of our components and our wide variety of standard products, requirements that may seem very special can often be met with relatively minor modification of standard products providing meaningful savings.
While the Equipto Electronics design staff can find solutions to virtually any metal packaging need for electronics, the company has developed special expertise in EMI-RFI shielding and in the robust construction necessary for enclosures to survive major seismic-events. These capabilities make Equipto Electronics a preferred supplier for military, civil government, power utility and other critical electronic applications. The same operational characteristics are also in demand in such fields as scientific research, medicine, oil exploration and transportation systems.
Contact us and you'll discover a responsive team of professionals ready to take on your performance, budget and delivery challenges.