FLEXI-DISC Tubular Cable Conveyors
Featured Product from Flexicon Corporation
Handle friable materials gently, efficiently, dust-free
FLEXI-DISC® Tubular Cable Conveyors gently slide bulk materials through smooth stainless steel tubing using low-friction polymer discs attached to stainless steel cable. The discs and cable are driven by a wheel at one end of the circuit, and put under tension by a wheel at the other end. This design allows single or multiple inlets and outlets, and the routing of conveyor tubing horizontally, vertically or at any angle, through small holes in walls or ceilings. Because components are modular, inlets and outlets can be added, removed or relocated, and the circuit lengthened, shortened or re-routed as needs change.
Materials ideally suited to FLEXI-DISC conveyors include virtually all dried beans, cereals, coffees, dried fruits, frozen vegetables, grains, nuts, pet foods, seeds, snack foods, spices, teas and other fragile/friable food products. Typical non-foods include: bulk chemicals, minerals, prills, chopped fiberglass, microspheres, regrind, pellets of all types, tobacco and other fragile/friable products.
- Gentle conveying of friable materials including powders, pellets, flakes, granules, chunks, shavings, fluff and regrind, with no separation of blended materials containing particles of disparate sizes, shapes and bulk densities
- Transfers material from single or multiple inlets to single or multiple outlets (ideal for packaging lines)
- Modular components allow changes in conveyor routing, length, and the number and position of inlets and outlets
- Low power requirements per volume of material conveyed
- Air-free conveying eliminates need for blowers and filtration equipment
- Maintains temperature and moisture levels of material being conveyed
- Enclosed system contains dust, prevents contamination
- Stainless steel components finished to food, pharmaceutical or industrial standards
- Evacuates material, minimizing waste and facilitating rapid cleaning
- Available with quick-clean accessories and CIP features