Comprehensive Audio Surveys for PA Systems
Service Detail from GL Communications, Inc.
GL’s tasks included Public Address (PA) System studies and field test measurements. We conducted site surveys, testing and simulation. EASE 3-D modeling of stations was used for simulation to create graphics for Sound Pressure level (SPL) and STI. STIPA was measured by using a sound meter. Subjective testing results along with quantitative measurements were used to provide recommendations for additional equipment, changes to type of equipment, volume level changes, changes to speaker location or direction to improve speech intelligibility. Ambient noise was measured to establish noise levels that will interfere with PA announcements.
Performed site surveys, conduct testing, simulation using 3-D modeling, and post processing for analysis of collected data from the audio surveys. Provided specifications for PA equipment upgrades.
GL Communications Inc. provides technical consulting , engineering, and testing services for all telecom networks. GL is a DBE/MBE firm certified by Maryland DOT, New Jersey DOT, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), Virginia DOT, and South Eastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA).
Our project management services are very cost efficient and include:
- Testing of high speed telecom networks (T1, E1, T3, E3, OC-3, OC-12, STM-1, STM-4, etc)
- Testing of VoIP, ATM and Central Office switches
- RSSI field strength measurements and voice quality testing of public safety land mobile radio systems
- Drive testing to verify commercial cellular service coverage
- Assessment and audio survey of public address systems in transit/metro stations