End to End Voice Quality Testing (POLQA v3)
Featured Product from GL Communications, Inc.
GL's VQT application is available with the following options:
- POLQA only (Optional upgrade POLQA v3)
- PESQ only
- POLQA (Optional upgrade POLQA v3) with PESQ
The GL Voice Quality Testing (VQT) product utilizes several industry standard ITU algorithms in order to measure the speech quality of a transmitted voice file. VQT compares the original unprocessed signal with the degraded version using POLQA (ITU-T P.863) and PESQ (ITU-T P.862+P.862.1) international standard voice quality test methods. The GL VQT can either be installed or operated on a stand-alone system or reside as an optional feature, on other GL products. GL's VQuad™ also supports the POLQA (ITU-T P.863) standard for voice quality analysis
- Perceptual Objective Listening Quality Analysis (POLQA)
- Operations Performed by POLQA
- Results Provided by POLQA
- Perceptual Evaluation of Speech Quality (PESQ)
- Operations Performed by PESQ
- Results Provided by PESQ
- ITU.56 Measurements
- Voice Quality Testing (VQT) using POLQA ver 2.4 (ITU-T P.863), optional upgrade POLQA ver3 (ITU-T P.863), and PESQ (ITU-T P.862)
- Updates associated with POLQA v3 include a redesigned perceptual model for Full Band Audio analysis which is validated for VoLTE, 5G and OTT apps (supporting EVS and OPUS codecs)
- Supports PESQ ITU-P.862.2 and POLQA for Wideband
- POLQA ITU-T P.863 for next generation voice quality testing supporting NB (8000 sampling), WB (16000 sampling) and SWB (Super Wideband) (48000 sampling)
- Evaluate audio quality with MOS, E-Model, SNR, jitter, clipping, signal level, noise level, and delay measurements
- Measure packet jitter in VoIP networks
- Analyze the effects of codec compression in wireless networks
- VQT supports analysis of PCM16 files consisting raw data as well as u-law/a-law encoded data
- VQT also support analysis of uncompressed wav files consisting of narrow band, wide band and super wide band signals
- Provides POLQA and PESQ Mean Opinion Score (MOS) results
- Sophisticated search features on the results within the VQT application
- Playback and display of audio files from within VQT using Goldwave software
- Complete automatic logging of all results (both file and database) with the ability to import log back into VQT.
- All results along with call control information are sent to central database. Query results remotely using the WebViewer™
- Support for Central DB Primary and Secondary IP addresses for backup and redundancy
- Real-time mapping (most countries supported) of results when optional GPS is used in conjunction with VQuad™
- Command Line Interface (CLI) support to control VQT nodes remotely. Supported on Windows® and Linux
- POLQA v3 Super Wideband supports 14kHz to full audio bandwidth up to 24kHz.
- Full band analysis improves accuracy in assessment of codecs such as EVS, OPUS, AAC and LC3, as these codecs are used in many OTT applications.
- With full band support the discriminative power of POLQA at the upper high-quality range of the MOS scale is increased.
- Current OTT voice services using VoLTE/5G include highly dynamic delay jitter which leads to variations of the duration of very short pauses during speech. POLQA v3 handles these variations with increased precision.
- POLQA v3 is less sensitive to linear frequency distortions than POLQA v2.4. This makes measurements less dependent on the frequency characteristics of headsets.
- Perceptual model of POLQA v3 is significantly improved and streamlined.