Echo and Delay Measurement -VoIP|TDM|Analog|Mobile
Featured Product from GL Communications, Inc.
Echo Measurement Utility Software (EMU) measures Echo Path Delay (EPD) and Echo Return Loss (ERL) of voice calls. Echo can be as simple as sidetone, or more complex such as line, and acoustic echo. The EMU when combined with GL’s VQuad™, T1 E1 Analyzers, MAPS™ Emulators, or Voiceband Analyzer, additional voice quality metrics such as round-trip delay (RTD), voice quality, and noise can also be measured.
To provide a comprehensive assessment of voice quality irrespective of network type, GL has combined various tools together into one platform consisting of VQuad™, Dual UTA HD, USB T1 E1, and WEBViewer™. This platform provides the ability to make VoIP, TDM, and Mobile calls from any fixed or mobile location. All interface flexibility is provided (2Wire, 4Wire, VoIP, TDM, and Mobile) within the Dual UTA HD and USB T1 E1 Analyzers. In addition, VQuad™ provides algorithms for signaling, voice transmission, and voice quality assessment.
- Echo, delay, and voice quality analysis of voice calls in VoIP, TDM, 2Wire, 4Wire, and Mobile networks.
- Measures EPD in msec and ERL in dB.
- Compares source and received files to detect maximum of 4 echoes (maximum of four instances).
- EMU uses EMU Client software to automatically detect the incoming degraded voice files and send the measurements to database after analysis.
- Detailed offline analysis.
- Detect Acoustic/Line (Hybrid) echoes and evaluate intermittent echoes
- Supports Auto and Manual methods of operation.
- Graphically displays source signal, received signal, error signal, and adaptive filter coefficients.
- Allows zoom-in on each graph, exporting snapshots of these graphs to files for later analysis.
- Calculates adaptive filter coefficients and echo characteristics for the error signal.
- Speaker option to play the audio files (intrusive and non-intrusive)
- Option to zoom-in on any particular echo to investigate further
- Acoustic Echo Analysis
- Line (Hybrid) Echo Analysis
- Two wire – Two wire Setup
- Two wire – Mobile Setup
- Two wire (direct to gateway) to VoIP Phone Setup
- Two wire (through Class 5 T1/E1 Switch) to VoIP phone setup
- Two wire (through Class 5 T1/E1 Switch) to Ethernet Interface (VQuad™ software) Setup
- Two wire (direct to gateway) to Ethernet Interface (VQuad™ software) Setup
- Mobile phone to Mobile phone Setup
- Mobile phone to VoIP phone Setup
- Ethernet Interface to IP PBX to two-wire Setup
- VoIP phone to IP PBX to Two-wire Setup
EMU Methods to measure the echo characteristics:
- Auto Method - the input files are analyzed and the echo characteristics are given as blocks (Blocks are divided based on time duration of input files and parameter settings).
- Manual Method – after analyzing the input files, the users have to manually select a region of Input / Output stereo signal plot to obtain the echo characteristics results.