MTA Metro PA/LED Signs System Upgrade
Service Detail from GL Communications, Inc.
The Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) operates Metro heavy rail in downtown Baltimore. MTA awarded a contract for a project to deploy a new Public Address Systems (PA) and Light Emitting Diode (LED) Sign systems, which includes new conduits/wiring, amplifiers, speakers and signage devices. GLCI provided technical support to the construction management team for review of the design submittals, vendor equipment specifications and cost estimates, field engineering support services, inspection, training material coordination, factory acceptance test, testing and acceptance.
GLCI provided subject matter expert (SME) advice for system specifications and design reviews, collected customer information/requirements and prepared RFI responses for the contractor. GLCI supported decision making on conduits and cable routing, PA speakers placement, LED signs configurations, Construction Management support, Testing and Inspection.
Our project management services are very cost efficient and include:
GL Communications Inc. provides technical consulting , engineering, and testing services for all telecom networks. GL is a DBE/MBE firm certified by Maryland DOT, New Jersey DOT, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), Virginia DOT, and South Eastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA).
- Testing of high speed telecom networks (T1, E1, T3, E3, OC-3, OC-12, STM-1, STM-4, etc)
- Testing of VOIP, ATM and Central Office switches
- RSSI field strength measurements and voice quality testing of public safety land mobile radio systems
- Drive testing to verify commercial cellular service coverage
- Assessment and audio survey of public address systems in transit/metro stations