Simulate Call Recording in Air Traffic Network
Featured Product from GL Communications, Inc.
GL’s MAPS™ ED137 Recorder (PKS117) can simulate Recorder interface for both Air-to-Ground (AG) and Ground-to-Ground (GG) calls at Controller Working Position (CWP), Ground Radio Station (GRS) and Recorder endpoints as per ED-137/4B, as defined under EUROCAE (European Organization for Civil Aviation Equipment) Working Group 67.
MAPS™ ED137 Recorder can simulate AG/GG call recording towards Recorder and testing Recorder interface of CWP/VCS and GRS.
MAPS™ ED137 Recorder supports Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) to establish, terminate and maintain media sessions to deliver media to recording servers. Active recording requires an established session (i.e. a certain number of parameters that are exchanged between entities prior to any recording). CWP/VCS, Radio and Recorder use RTSP for such sessions. As RTSP relies on a transport layer protocol (TCP or UDP), these entities use SIP to exchange capabilities and connection information (i.e. IP address, port number, and transport protocol).
Signalling and Traffic Simulation
- Simulates recording interface at CWP, VCS, GRS and Recorder end points
- Supports all three media transport methods: Embeded Binary Data, RTP over TCP and RTP over UDP
- Emulates ED-137/4B Recorder interface at CWP, GRS and Recorder endpoints
- Simulates Recorder interface on multiple CWPs and Radios from single instance of MAPS™
- Simulates Recorder interface for both Air-to-Ground and Ground-to-Ground calls
- Supports RTP over independent UDP, independent TCP and Interleaved RTSP
- Supports simulating multiple recording servers from single instance of MAPS™
- Recorder node records the voice on sessions to audio files and saves Call Record Data to CSV files
- Scripts to automate PTT and Squelch operations on AG recording sessions
- Customization of each CWP/GRS profile to emulate an AG/GG call
- Options to easily add custom call record data properties (like Caller, Callee, Frequency) and operations (like PTT, Squelch, Call Hold)
- Up to 200 RTSP sessions can be generated or recorded simultaneously
- Highly flexible architecture for custom testing scenarios
- Supports various traffic actions on the call such as Talk using Microphone, Playback to Speaker and Send & Record audio file.
- Supports user-defined and automated traffic actions on the call
- Supports all standard codecs, including G.711 (Mu-Law and A-Law) and G.729
- On field testing and troubleshooting by technicians
- In-the-field installation, system configuration and commissioning
- Functionality testing of nodes in next generation VoIP ATM
- Centralized recording of Air Traffic
- Real-time and/or historical data analysis
Simulation of Use Cases
CASE 1: Simulate AG call recording towards Recorder
MAPS™ ED137 Recorder can be configured as CWP and GRS to simulate AG recording sessions towards the Recorder (device under test) to test its recording interface as per ED137 volume 4.
CASE 2: Simulate GG call recording towards Recorder
MAPS™ ED137 Recorder can be configured as CWPs to simulate GG recording sessions towards the Recorder (device under test) to test its recording interface as per ED137 volume 4.
CASE 3: Testing Recorder interface of CWP/VC
In this test case, CWP or VCS vendors can use MAPS™ ED137 Recorder (simulating Recorder) to test the Recorder interface of their equipment.
CASE 4: Testing Recorder interface of GRS
In this test case, MAPS™ ED137 Recorder is configured as the Recorder to receive RTSP sessions towards the GRS (DUT), thus testing Recorder interface of GRS.