Free Standing Jib Cranes
Featured Product from Gorbel Inc.
- Available in floor mounted (FS300), insert mounted (FS350) and sleeve insert mounted (FS350) styles
- Spans to 20', capacities to 10,000 pounds.
- Use I-beam boom assemblies for heavier capacities and longer spans
Wall Cantilever Jib Cranes (WC200) provide hoist coverage and 200° rotation for individual use in bays, along walls, or columns of plants, or as a supplement to an overhead crane or monorail system. This jib has the advantage of providing maximum lift for the hoist, since it can be installed very close to the underside of the lowest ceiling obstruction. It is composed of a vertical mast mounted to 2 brackets on a wall or vertical building beam with a boom that cantilevers out, perpendicular from the wall at top.
- Capacities from 1/4 ton to 5 tons
- Spans to 20 ft.
- Requires very little head room and exerts less force on the structure it is mounted to
- Requires a structurally adequate wall or column to support the jib, and needs sufficient clearance above the boom throughout its arc
Wall Bracket Jib Cranes (WB100) are the most economical means of providing hoist coverage for individual use in bays, along walls or columns of plants, or as a supplement to an overhead crane or monorail system. This jib has 2 brackets that mount to a wall or building beam. The bottom bracket has a boom that is perpendicular to the wall with a bracket toward the end that a tie rod is attached to. This is the least expensive jib, but it takes up the most head room and it exerts the most force on whatever it's mounted to.
- Capacities from 1/2 ton to 5 ton
- Spans to 30 ft.
- 200° rotation on primary boom
- Suited for applications where maneuvering around obstacles or swinging under obstructions is necessary
Mast Type Jib Cranes (MT400) are floor supported, top stabilized, and capable of 360° rotation via a top and bottom bearing assembly. MT Series Cranes are available in two styles:
- MT400 Full Cantilever - Provides maximum amount of lift where full use of available headroom is desired
- MT450 Drop Cantilever - Jib boom can be placed at a specific height to clear overhead obstructions
- Precision tapered roller bearings in top pivot and trunnion assemblies provide smooth operation and long life
- Full supporting triangular base plate gussets are used (in lieu of struts) to minimize crane deflection, thus making it easier to accurately position loads
- Independent head assembly, installed separately from the boom for easier installation
- Recessed bearing assembly allows greatly reduced clearances needed for installation
- Bolted head/boom connection which permits separate installation and provides maximum lift for the hoist, since it can be installed very close to the underside of the lower ceiling obstruction for greater headroom
- In-head totally enclosed, bottom entry collector assembly allows the option of easily adding power to the hoist for 360 degree rotation at the time of or after purchase
- Optional power rotation