Thermal Gap Pads
Designed to fill air gaps and enhance thermal conductivity
Henkel developed the GAP PAD thermal interface material family to meet the electronic industry’s growing need for interface materials with greater conformability, higher thermal performance, and easier application.
GAP PAD provides an effective thermal interface between heat sinks and electronic devices where uneven surface topography, air gaps and rough surface textures are present.
With shock dampening abilities, the GAP PAD line is recommended for applications that require a minimum amount of pressure between components. For sensitive applications that do not allow silicone, such as silicone-sensitive optic components and automotive lighting, they are available in a silicone-free form.
The extensive GAP PAD family provides an effective thermal interface between heat sinks and electronic devices where textures are present. Henkel application specialist work closely with customers to specify the proper GAP PAD material for each unique thermal management requirement.
Each of the many products within the GAP PAD family is unique in its construction, properties and performance.
- Low-modulus Polymer material
- Available with fiberglass/rubber carriers or in a non-reinforced version
- Special fillers to achieve specific thermal and conformability characteristics
- Highly conformable to uneven and rough surfaces
- Electrically isolating
- Natural tack on one or both sides with protective liner
- Variety of thicknesses and hardnesses
- Range of thermal conductivities
- Available in sheets and die-cut parts
GAP PAD thermal products are designed to improve an assembly’s thermal performance and reliability while saving time and money.
- Eliminate air gaps to reduce thermal resistance
- High conformability reduces interfacial resistance
- Low-stress vibration dampening
- Shock absorbing
- Easy material handling
- Simplified application
- Puncture, shear and tear resistance
- Improved performance for high-heat assemblies
- Compatible with automated dispensing equipment
Henkel Adhesives Solutions for Electronics
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Connect with us on YouTube
Connect with us on Facebook
Henkel is the leading solution provider for adhesives, sealants and functional coatings worldwide. At Henkel Adhesive Technologies, our brands are an essential part of countless industrial and consumer applications. We combine unmatched innovation in adhesives, sealants, and functional coatings with industry knowhow to develop tailor-made solutions with you—for you.