FMA Series - Small Footprint Digital Force Sensor
Featured Product from Honeywell Sensing & IoT
The FMA Series are designed to meet the customer’s need for a compensated, amplified force sensor which provides digital outputs, a variety of force sensing ranges, a small, cost-effective format, and enhanced durability and accuracy. The flexible design provides multiple standard configurations over a wide operating temperature range.
VALUE TO CUSTOMERS:
- Multiple force ranges allow the customer to choose the force range to maximize sensitivity and improve system resolution/performance.
- Smaller package allows for space constrained applications.
- Robust design provides enhanced durability in applications where overforce may exist.
- Enhanced accuracy includes all errors due to force non-linearity, force hysteresis, and non-repeatability.
- Reduced Total Error Band enhances system performance.
- Digital output enhances performance through reduced conversion requirements and the convenience of direct interface to microprocessors. SPI- or I2C-compatible digital output.
- Diagnostic functions allow the user to determine if the sensor is working correctly by detecting if electrical paths are broken or shorted inside the sensor.
- Selectable supply voltages provide customers with design flexibility.
- Small form factor: 5 mm x 5 mm [0.20 in x 0.20 in]
- Accuracy: ±2 %FSS typical
- SPI- or I2C-compatible digital output
- Fully calibrated and temperature compensated over a temperature range of 5°C to 50°C [41°F to 122°F]
- Available in a wide variety of standard and configurable force ranges
- Overforce: 3X force range
- Supply voltage: 3.3 Vdc typ. or 5.0 Vdc typ.
- Low power consumption: 14 mW
- Enhanced part-to-part repeatability
- Enhanced reliability
- Stable, stainless steel sphere interface
- Internal diagnostic functions available
- REACH and RoHS compliant
Medical: Infusion pumps, ambulatory pumps, enteral feeding pumps, kidney dialysis machines
Industrial: Load and compression sensing, touch panels, switch replacement, robotic equipment, weight measurement, force/grip measuring equipment