MicroPressure MPR Series
Product Announcement from Honeywell Sensing and Internet of Things
The MPR Series is a very small piezoresistive silicon pressure sensor offering a digital output for reading pressure over the specified full scale pressure span and temperature range. It is calibrated and compensated over a specific temperature range for sensor offset, sensitivity, temperature effects, and non-linearity using an on-board Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). This product is designed to meet the requirements of higher volume medical (consumer and non-consumer) devices and commercial appliance applications.
Value to Customers
- Very small form factor: Enables portability by addressing weight, size, and space restrictions; easy to design in; occupies less area on the PCB.
- Wide pressure ranges simplify use.
- Enhances performance: Output accelerates performance through reduced conversion requirements and direct interface to microprocessors.
- Value Solution: Cost-effective, high volume solution with configurable options.
- Meets IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020D.1 Moisture Sensitivity Level 1 requirements: Allows avoidance of thermal and mechanical damage during solder reflow attachment and/or repair that lesser rated sensors may incur; allows unlimited floor life when stored as specified (simplifying storage and reducing scrap); eliminates lengthy bakes prior to reflow, and allows for lean manufacturing due to stability and usability shortly after reflow.
- Low power/energy efficient: Reduces system power requirements and enables extended battery life.
design addresses specific application needs and challenges.
- Digital output: Plug and play feature enables ease of implementation and system level connectivity.
- Total Error Band: Provides true performance over the compensated temperature range, which minimizes the need to test and calibrate every sensor, thereby potentially reducing manufacturing cost; improves sensor accuracy and offers ease of sensor interchangeability due to minimal part-to-part variation.