Valve Position Indicator, VPX Series
Featured Product from Honeywell Sensing & IoT
Honeywell's Explosion Proof Valve Position Indicator!
Valve Position Indicator, VPX Series switches are built especially for outdoor use in potentially hazardous atmospheres. The switch enclosures are constructed to withstand the pressure of an internal explosion. Flame paths cool the exploded gases to a point less than the lowest safe operating temperature of the surrounding gas.
The VPX Series versions equipped with the inductive proximity switches has the Intrinsically Safe (IS) rating. Regardless of where the equipment or machinery is designed, built or installed, the VPX Series products carry global agency coverage.
The VPX Series switches have standard rugged die-cast aluminum housing. The products housing is weather sealed for outdoor use and comply with NEMA 4X requirement for protection against corrosion, in addition to various NEMA enclosure standards.
The product's o-ring seals make the enclosure rain tight, but are outside of required flame paths so explosion proof requirements are maintained. The VPX Series switches are available in multiple colors and angles, visible from all directions. Unless special ordered, all basic switches operate on clockwise and counterclockwise rotation.
- VPX Series switches are certified for ATEX, IEC Ex, CE, and cULus specifications for global applications that requires protection from explosive gases, vapors & combustible dust
- Die-cast aluminum housing and various sealing (NEMA 4, 4X, 6, and 13), certifies the VPX Series is rated for rain, wind, snow, ice and blowing dust environments
- Wide operating temperature range from -40 °C to 80 °C (see Table 1 for detailed specifications)
- Versions of the VPX with proximity switches carry an Intrinsically Safe (IS) rating
- Well suited for up to 500,000 actuation cycles
- Available in multiple indicator colors that is visible from all directions
- Seaside grain and duel loading docks
- Oil and gas wells
- Fuel storage facilities
- Petrochemical and chemical plants
- Waste water treatment facilities
- Oil and gas production pipeline networks
- Paint batching/blending plants
- Pharmaceuticals and drug processing plants
- Food and beverage industries
- Pesticides manufacturing plants
- Textile dyeing and finishing plants
- Lead acid battery manufacturing facilities