Implementing RtM improves your bottom line.
Featured Product from ifm electronic gmbh
Implementing Real-time Maintenance technologies improves your bottom line.
Increase machine availability, maintain machine throughput, and minimize materials losses
RtM technologies for predictive maintenance
Advances in technologies for industrial networks, reduction in size and cost of computational power, and advances in smart sensors are making predictive systems a reality. These innovations are changing the way companies manage their equipment maintenance. Operational worthiness in real time is key to improving OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and increasing profits. Implementing RtM is at the core of any Industry 4.0 initiative. With ifm RtM products, machines can communicate their operational status in real time, automatically plan maintenance, reduce downtime, and improve quality – all improving your bottom line.
An RtM system ties operational data together with condition-based monitoring data to improve information quality and help you make informed decisions.
- What if your production equipment was always available as planned?
- What if your cycle time was never compromised because of a damaged machine?
- What if your production equipment self-detected and alerted you of quality defects?
Applying Real-time Maintenance (RtM) technologies to your production equipment increases equipment availability, maintains machine throughput, and minimizes material losses.
Common industrial maintenance strategies
There are 3 basic types of industrial maintenance processes and each have costs associated with them.
- Reactive maintenance -- highest total cost of ownership. Run-to-failure strategy and unplanned downtime is usually more expensive than planned downtime and typically there is secondary damage to other components.
- Preventative maintenance -- downtime is scheduled prior to failure. Carries a high cost because parts and labor are consumed prematurely.
- Predictive or Condition-based maintenance -- uses RtM technology to optimize equipment use. Maintenance is performed only when necessary without production loss.
Follow ifm online:
Watch>>>Close to you
After many years of intensive cooperation with our customers we have established ourselves in the market as service-oriented sensor specialists and today we are represented by more than 7,000 employees in over 85 countries worldwide. Even though we have grown into a big company we have still maintained the virtues of the founding years: The flexibility and individuality of a small enterprise and the quality and professionalism of a group. And our customers are still today in the centre of our work - close to you.
ifm develops, produces and sells sensors, controllers, software and systems for industrial automation and digitalization