Hydraulic Subsea Actuators on Subsea ROV
Featured Product from ITT Compact Automation
ROV Paddles Application Problem:
A major ROV manufacturer utilizing manual paddle valves for operating utility fluid onboard work/construction class ROV skid for BOP closure and hydrate remediation work. They were also using a second ROV to operate paddle valves on the lower skid of primary ROV and wanted autonomous operation of the valves.
ITT Custom Solution:
- ITT Subsea hydraulic rotaries were designed.
- Operate Autoclave and BuTech 2-way, ¼ turn ball-valves down to 12,000 ft depths.
- Small size and weight compliant. Smallest ITT rotary unit provides 530 in-lbs of torque at 500 psi hydraulic input pressure.
- ITT Turn-Act subsea rotaries successfully passed all hyperbaric chamber testing to 12,000' depths at customer test site.
- Exceeded the ROV mfr's expectations with reliability of performance and torque outputs at actual working depths.
- Customer has purchased over 300 units over 24 month period and continues to find additional applications for using them.