Multi-axis Drive Controller
Featured Product from Industrial Indexing Systems, Inc.
Luminary Motion Controller
Designed with the OEM in mind, the Luminary Series packs a full feature list of control capabilities into a low cost hardware platform, including multi-axis capability to control four Luminary Series drives and access to 36 I/O points.
Multi-Axis Servo Capability
The Luminary Series Controller, LCMC, features multi-axis capability which will control four Luminary Series drives and provide access to 36 I/O points. The LCMC features a master encoder input bus and four drive ports for synchronized motion and coordinated I/O. Touchscreens, ASCII terminals, or a PC can connect to one of two serial ports for operator interaction or remote control.
Hardware and Software Integration
Program the LCMC with the IIS standard Emerald Motion Language (EML) using the EDE software development tools. With over 30 years of motion control experience behind the EDE tools, IIS provides the OEM complete but simple access to its servo motors, an external encoder, input and output hardware switches and various sensors.
Full Control for Less Cost
Using the EML one can setup electronic cam motion, electronic gear ratio functions and programmable limit/drum switch control to run as high priority synchronized background tasks. A deterministic motion bus, subroutine mapping to an interrupt manager, and access to program memory through the serial port provides the real-time environment for a flexible system with consistent results.
LCMC Controller Features
- Four port drive network hub -- Interfaces to an LCSD option card installed on the LD drive.
- Eight general purpose digital inputs and four digital outputs, 24Vdc logic, optically isolated
- Digital inputs can also be configured for use as a master encoder input, registration marker input and position capture functions.
- All outputs can be controlled separately or ynchronized to a master and configured as programmable limit switches.
- "BASIC-like" programming using (EML) Emerald Motion Language provides integer, floating point, strings, arrays, full motion functions for indexing, positioning, gear ratio, and versatile electronic cam arrays. Full control of interrupts tagged to any input, output, status flag, or timer flag.
- USB Serial (Port1) software development port
Keep up-to-date with the latest news about automation and motion control ... applications, products and company news from Industrial Indexing.
Industrial Indexing Systems
Industrial Indexing has a primary, enduring goal to bring state-of-the-art servo system products to practical use on the factory floor.
Whether it is a complete turnkey system or servo components, IIS’ commitment to quality products and personalized support is unsurpassed.
IIS automation and motion control solutions are designed to control high speed, multi-axis production machinery.
Industrial Indexing has experience and expertise with a wide range of motion control systems ideally suited for OEM machines. Fully engineered systems are turnkey solutions, right down to cabinets and panels from our UL-rated shop.