Precision Machining for Defense/Aerospace
Service Detail from Insaco, Inc.
Insaco is a precision machining company that provides finished pieces to customer's specifications from ultra-hard materials, including ceramics, nitrides, carbides, glass, quartz, and especially sapphire. Insaco is ITAR and ISO compliant and our engineers are available to discuss concepts and material choices. Five-axis machining capability and high-volume robotic production equipment allow for better cost efficiencies.
Since 1947 Insaco® has been a precision machining and polishing fabricator of parts from all technical ceramics, sapphire, glass and quartz. We machine these materials to very precise tolerances (many times measured in millionths of an inch) for dimension, flatness, wedge and roundness or cylindricity. Our customers typically have a critical application that requires extremely tight tolerances in ultra-hard materials. We also have the capability to grind and polish spherical radius parts in a variety of hard materials, both inside and outside diameters, to optical requirements.
- Extremely high accuracy and tight tolerance machining
- Lights-out manufacturing
- Machine automation including large capacity envelope
- Automated centerless grinding
- High efficiency/low cost volume production
- Low-volume prototype machining
- 5-axis machining capability
- ITAR and ISO compliant
- High-volume robotic machining
- Video inspection and a Class 100 Cleanroom
- Extensive Quality Control protocols
- Sapphire tubes and polishing
Insaco also has extensive inspection and documentation procedures so parts are always to print. With a seasoned team of engineers and machine operators we are available to discuss your application needs including alternative materials and cost drivers.