Compact Designed Mine-Haul Truck Traction Alternators
Featured Product from Kato Engineering, Inc.
Off-Highway Truck Applications
Rugged Construction and Superior Insulation
Kato Engineering Traction Alternators are used in mines around the world to power mine-haul truck's modern electro-mechanical power trains. Kato Traction Alternators' compact design helps increase vehicle payload along with profitability. Rugged construction and superior insulation ensure they can handle bumpy, dusty conditions as well as thermal cycling caused by the constant acceleration and deceleration of mine-haul truck duty.
- Designed to match engine power from 2000 - 4000 HP
- Variable speed operation from 650 -1900 RPM
- Up to 2800 Vdc, when rectified
- Single or dual bearing configurations, with customizable options
- Customer specific mounting options
- Class H VPI insulation materials are used on all wound components for long service life
- Heavy duty windings designed for AC drive applications (ie. SCR and IGBT drives)
- Either self cooled or by customer supplied, ducted cooling air
- Brushless excitation with heavy duty rotating rectifier
- Withstands shock loads of up to 5Gs in any axis
- Designs that are optimized for reduced weight to increase overall payload
Kato Engineering has almost 30 years of experience in supplying traction power for mine-haul trucks. These trucks are used in some of the harshest environments all over the globe.