Specs You Need to Know for a Custom Cable
Featured Product from Lapp Tannehill
With a custom cable, the possible configurations are endless, and the end result is a cable that meets or exceeds your expectations. At Lapp Tannehill, we understand that not every market or application requires the same products and services. Each industry and company has its own requirements that are dictated by its finished goods. When creating a custom cable, the entire manufacturing process is monitored - from conductor, insulation, jacketing, to delivery. This will better assist you in assuring superior construction, premium materials, advanced manufacturing, and world-class quality control.
There is a common misconception that a custom cable costs more money than a standard off the shelf cable, however, you need to consider that a custom cable will meet all the requirements that you want, and in the long run, can actually save you money. Below are just some of the many advantages you may consider when designing a custom cable.
Why Should You Consider a Custom Cable?
- Reduced SKU’s
- Reduced downtime and failure
- Reduced labor costs
- Improved performance
- Cables that withstand the environment longer
- Fewer enclosure entries which mean fewer potential failure and leak points
- Cables that are easier to install in cramped or challenging installations
- Cables that are more flexible to route or bend
- Roundness or concentricity in the cable which creates a better interface for cable glands and other terminations
- Custom jacket colors and printing on cable
- Supply chain interruptions minimized
- High-quality cable
- Reduced electrical noises and cross-talk issues
- Improved reliability in harsh environment conditions
What Specs Do You Need to Know for a Custom Cable?
When designing a custom cable, there are many attributes to consider. You may not know exactly what you need, so we’ve highlighted a few key attributes that you can start with. Our technical sales representatives will work with you to access all your needs and requirements while working with you every step of the way.
- Conductor Material
- Shield Type
- Shielding Material
- Jacket Color
- Wall Thickness
Looking for technical information about wire & cable? Lapp Tannehill has a variety of resources, including glossary terms, technical charts, FAQs, white papers, & more. Check out these resources
Why Choose Us?
Lapp Tannehill is your one source for your complete wire and cable needs. With 60 years of experience, we have over 8,000 satisfied customers in 50 states and over 20 countries. From start-ups to Fortune 1000 companies, Lapp Tannehill is here to serve you