Automotive Qualified TVS Diode Arrays
Featured Product from Littelfuse, Inc.
Littelfuse TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® silicon protection arrays) are designed to protect electronics from very fast and often damaging voltage transients, such as lightning and electrostatic discharge (ESD). They offer an ideal protection solution for I/O interfaces and digital and analog signal lines, in computer and consumer portable electronics markets.
Littelfuse, Inc. introduced two series of AEC-Q101-qualified TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes). The AQHV and AQHV-C series are designed to provide very fast acting, high performance over-voltage protection devices ideally suited for power interfaces, passenger charging interfaces, and well as LED lighting modules, and low speed I/Os.
The 200W discrete AQHV Series (unidirectional) and AQHV-C (bidirectional) protect sensitive equipment from damage due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) and other overvoltage transients. Both series can safely absorb repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level required by international standards without performance degradation and safely dissipate up to 8A (for AQHV12) of induced surge current with very low clamping voltages.
Typical applications for AQHV and AQHV-C Series TVS Diode Arrays include:
- ESD protection for automotive electronics.
- LED lighting modules.
- Mobile/handheld devices.
- CAN BUS (drive-by-wire).
- LIN BUS. RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces.
- General-purpose low-speed I/Os.
- Portable instrumentation.
"As AEC-Q101 qualified devices, the AQHV and AQHV-C Series can ensure maximum reliability in the harshest environments," said Tim Micun, Director of TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® diodes) at Littelfuse. "That makes them a great option for designers who need to replace passive ESD protection or to 'sprinkle' protection devices around a printed circuit board."
AQHV and AQHV-C Series TVS Diode Arrays offer these key benefits:
- ESD protection up to ±30kV and surge protection up to 8A helps equipment manufacturers comply with and exceed industry standards, extending equipment life and system uptime.
- Low dynamic resistance provides up to 60 percent lower clamping voltages than alternative technologies, offering an ideal solution for protecting modern electronics filled with small-geometry ICs.
- The silicon diodes used in their construction are capable of handling >1000 ESD strikes or surge transients without performance degradation in contrast with alternative technologies that have an inherent wear-out factor.
AQHV and AQHV-C Series TVS Diode Arrays are provided in SOD-882 (0402) surface mount packages and are available in quantities of 10,000 in tape and reel format. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
Founded in 1927, Littelfuse is the global leader in circuit protection with advancing platforms in power control and sensor technologies. The company serves customers in the electronics, automotive and industrial markets with products that include fuses, semiconductors, polymers, ceramics, relays and sensors. Littelfuse has more than 11,000 employees in more than 50 locations worldwide. For more information, please visit Littelfuse.com.