Littelfuse Low Capacitance TVS Diode Arrays
Featured Product from Littelfuse, Inc.
CHICAGO, September 30, 2019 — Littelfuse, Inc., the global leader in circuit protection, today introduced a series of low capacitance TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes) optimized to protect high-speed differential data lines from electrostatic discharge (ESD), cable discharge events (CDE), electrical fast transients (EFT), and lightning-induced surges, keeping network communications reliable by safeguarding signal integrity.
The SP3384NUTG Series can protect up to four channels against up to 15A (IEC 61000-4-5 2nd edition) and up to ±30kV ESD (IEC 61000-4-2) and is available in a compact μDFN package. The combination of low capacitance and low clamping voltage make the SP3384NUTG a robust protection solution for 2.5G/5G/10G Ethernet high-speed data interfaces without signal degradation, resulting in high reliability for a variety of applications.
Typical markets and applications for the SP3384NUTG Series TVS Diodes include:
- Datacenter and Telecom – 2.5G/5G/10G Ethernet, WAN/LAN Equipment, 5G Wireless Backhaul
- Industrial – LVDS Interfaces, Integrated Magnetics
- Consumer Electronics – Desktops, Servers and Notebooks
“Building upon similar footprints in 1GbE and 5GbE applications, the SP3384NUTG expands our portfolio to fill a market need for ultra-strong ESD and surge protection for today’s fastest 10GbE consumer ethernet solutions,” said Tim Micun, Director of Business Development, TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes). “It is also packaged in a compact configuration that is familiar to the datacenter, telecom and consumer electronics industries.”
The SP3384NUTG Series TVS Diode Arrays offer these key benefits:
- Low capacitance (0.5pF per I/O) and low clamping voltage (4V@Ipp=1A) preserves signal integrity and minimizes data loss while offering a more robust device against electrical threats.
- Compact μDFN packaging (3.0 x 2.0mm) is optimized for protection of high-speed differential data lines.
- Provides protection for two differential data pairs (4 channels) against up to 15A.
- Exceeds the maximum IEC standards requirement for ESD protection, ensuring product reliability.
The SP3384NUTG 3.3V 15A Series is provided in tape & reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information
Additional information is available on the SP3384NUTG Series product page. For technical questions, please contact: Tim Micun, Director of Business Development, TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes), TMicun@littelfuse.com.
Littelfuse (NASDAQ: LFUS) is a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control and sensing. Sold in over 150 countries, our products are found in automotive and commercial vehicles, industrial applications, data and telecommunications, medical devices, consumer electronics and appliances. Our 12,000 worldwide associates partner with customers to design, manufacture and deliver innovative, high-quality solutions, for a safer, greener, and increasingly connected world – everywhere, every day. Learn more at Littelfuse.com.